Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I was just reading up on it yesterday.

How Long-Term Equity Anticipation Securities – LEAPS Work.

Call options can last up 3 years.

I don't see how you can lose. :dwillhuh:
ARK really is free money. :dwillhuh:
ARK was sideways for two years before the pandemic. why should i believe itll be up up and away going forward?

looking at the holdings...outside of Square Inc (and MAYBE TESLA), why should i be bullish on any of the others.? :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
ARK was sideways for two years before the pandemic. why should i believe itll be up up and away going forward?
Because it's main holding is tesla bruh we pro tesla round here :russ:

Seriously if Cathie's disruption investment doesn't somehow appeal to you i would ask who's style you respect more. And she has crushed alot of competitors in the past couple of years.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
When markets are at all time highs? Maybe a few months ago, but now...meh

If markets calm down and battery day comes through you might come out ok.

Say more about the ETF leaps tho

Here's how I got stuck on this.
Back on Feb 11th just before the big COVID crash I was messing around and bought a bunch of these:
QQQ Mar 19 '21 $238 Call

At the time I bought them they were just slightly out of the money.
Then, of course, COVID hit and everyone thought the world was ending.
Now, months later, in spite of the fact that I bought them at the pre-covid peak, just before the big crash, recovery, and the new recent crash, those calls are worth three times what I paid for them. I also bought some $110 XLK calls around the same time that had similar gains (that I rolled up to $130).

The thing is, at the time I bought this stuff we WERE at the all time highs, on the verge of a huge crash. But (at least in this case) the time frame was so long that there was enough time to recover and make a ton of money.
Of course this all fails if next time we're due for a LONG down period like a after the dotcom peak, but I'm betting (hoping) that any dips won't last more than a couple of months.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Because it's main holding is tesla bruh we pro tesla round here :russ:

Seriously if Cathie's disruption investment doesn't somehow appeal to you i would ask who's style you respect more. And she has crushed alot of competitors in the past couple of years.
who's cathie

to be honest this ETF is very new to me. sorry if im coming across as a bear ...what i mean to do is learn more
cause i like the idea of an ETF that is a disruptor based on. But man does it look risky. Lots of pharma and highly volatile companies

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Here's how I got stuck on this.
Back on Feb 11th just before the big COVID crash I was messing around and bought a bunch of these:
QQQ Mar 19 '21 $238 Call

At the time I bought them they were just slightly out of the money.
Then, of course, COVID hit and everyone thought the world was ending.
Now, months later, in spite of the fact that I bought them at the pre-covid peak, just before the big crash, recovery, and the new recent crash, those calls are worth three times what I paid for them. I also bought some $110 XLK calls around the same time that had similar gains (that I rolled up to $130).

The thing is, at the time I bought this stuff we WERE at the all time highs, on the verge of a huge crash. But (at least in this case) the time frame was so long that there was enough time to recover and make a ton of money.
Of course this all fails if next time we're due for a LONG down period like a after the dotcom peak, but I'm betting (hoping) that any dips won't last more than a couple of months.
as long as you know the importance of time. cause honestly the way the market bounced back is unprecedented, sheer luck considering all the naysayers
so we'll see. I personally wouldnt feel comfortable being bullish on any stocks until the S&P is around 3000 max. But thats just me. Especially tech stocks. They've ran way too muchand the valuations are assinine

of course...none of that matters. supply and demand is sometimes all that matters

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I bought everything I wanted at the end of last week.

trying to decide what to do if this slide continues, buy more individual stock at corrected prices or just increase contribution to my Roth IRA.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
as long as you know the importance of time. cause honestly the way the market bounced back is unprecedented, sheer luck considering all the naysayers
so we'll see. I personally wouldnt feel comfortable being bullish on any stocks until the S&P is around 3000 max. But thats just me. Especially tech stocks. They've ran way too muchand the valuations are assinine

of course...none of that matters. supply and demand is sometimes all that matters

The other thing I'm doing is balancing it out with things that are disconnected from the tech stock market, like these GLD calls:
GLD Jan 21 '22 $200 Call

If there's some "apocalyptic" event my XLK calls may expire, but GLD might make up for it.
The other thing that I like is that just because they expire in two years, there's no obligation to hold it that long. If its really profitable before then, nothing is stopping me from taking profits. Two weeks ago I sold off a quarter of those QQQ calls that I mentioned, because they were up so much and I wanted to take some profits.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
who's cathie

to be honest this ETF is very new to me. sorry if im coming across as a bear ...what i mean to do is learn more
cause i like the idea of an ETF that is a disruptor based on. But man does it look risky. Lots of pharma and highly volatile companies
Enjoy