Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
The big dikks haven’t thrown their hat into the EV market yet.

Toyota, Honda...shyt will get spooky when they do.

There's also a million competitors(especially in China) and Tesla's technology isn't that far ahead of the pack. They are the leaders in market share so they have that going for them but the competitors on the come up are going to steal tons of business from them imo. Nikola + GM is just one example.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
It's more desperate on GM's part than anything and actually shows how far behind GM is. NKLA is years out from doing anything.

Agreed but it also shows Tesla isn't the only EV company that has potential and I think that hurts Tesla. Lots of people excited for Tesla batteries under the assumption they'll be supplying all these other companies to do their own things but these other companies might go other routes so that Elon doesnt control their fate. Idk just throwing out my random thoughts.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Nobody expects Tesla to have 100% market share... If they did, the company would be worth trillions lol
Right now they have a significant portion.

shyt will change overnight when Toyota/Honda drop their $25k EVs.

I say EVs but I think the bigger threat mid-term are Toyota’s future plug-in hybrids. With bigger batteries, don’t be surprised to see plug-in hybrids with 100...120 miles of pure EV range in the next 5 years.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
The big dikks haven’t thrown their hat into the EV market yet.

Toyota, Honda...shyt will get spooky when they do.

they are tryin but Tesla is so far ahead breh.

Tesla can now make it cheaper model 3 than a damn camry. battery cost will continue go down while the range will continue to go up. and Tesla is gettin very close to 100% full autonomy. build quality is now drastically up. model Y is just gettin started and cybertruck is next.

Toyota or whoever tryna compete is basically 2006 Nokia. Tesla is Apple. trust me. game is already over. :myman:

there will be Samsung in the future, but Apple stays Apple no matter who the competition is. thats the power of the brand.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

I say EVs but I think the bigger threat mid-term are Toyota’s future plug-in hybrids. With bigger batteries, don’t be surprised to see plug-in hybrids with 100...120 miles of pure EV range in the next 5 years.

Nothing is going to change overnight.. I agree that Toyota/Honda will be a player in the game, they all will. But in terms of stock price, if Tesla comes out the clear leader it will justify their valuation.

Regardless I didn't make Tesla a huge part of my portfolio. It's a nice part of one of my M1 accounts and I own some shares outside of that but I always tell people to keep diversified, you don't want to have all growth stocks..

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps

difference in demand is drastic. Tesla could amp up production by 200% and sell every one of them in a heartbeat. but Elon isnt tryna produce million cars yearly. thats not the goal. i fully expect a major battery break through at battery day. thats the difference between the leader and the companies who are tryin to catch up.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
they are tryin but Tesla is so far ahead breh.

Tesla can now make it cheaper model 3 than a damn camry. battery cost will continue go down while the range will continue to go up. and Tesla is gettin very close to 100% full autonomy. build quality is now drastically up. model Y is just gettin started and cybertruck is next.

Toyota or whoever tryna compete is basically 2006 Nokia. Tesla is Apple. trust me. game is already over. :myman:

there will be Samsung in the future, but Apple stays Apple no matter who the competition is. thats the power of the brand
This is what I'm banking on as well. Tesla solidifying itself as the car and anything else being inferior (obviously software, etc)

Also, think tesla will lead the way in China despite the increasing comp. Chinese people are hype beast :yeshrug:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
This is what I'm banking on as well. Tesla solidifying itself as the car and anything else being inferior (obviously software, etc)

Also, think tesla will lead the way in China despite the increasing comp. Chinese people are hype beast :yeshrug:

chinese are luxury hoes just like nikkas i know.

its either fake knockoff or real luxury, nothin in between :mjlol:

Tesla will dominate china market which is easily the biggest EV market in the world.

Koreans hate our american cars. but Tesla is an exception.

Tesla demand in Korea is insane they have to wait 6-7 months for Model 3 order. :mjlol:

trust me nikkas. Tesla is Apple :demonic:

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
PTON running into Thursday earnings esp with new product line announcement

WORK is slight green,. Earnings this afternoon