Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
if yall see this as a buying opportunity yall are fried. there is no reason to buy at these levels. a buying opportunity is SP500 at 3300
Yea aside from ark etfs there’s nothing to really buy.

growth stocks are overpriced. I agree with what FE said the other day, there are way better deals in value stocks right now.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I read a white paper regarding this....
Author is a volatility trader. He says the price of Vol. implies a new market paradigm where vix stays >20, and +/- .50% moves are the new normal with random >5% red days.

I have to find the full paper but here is some discussion on it.

Does this mean VXX calls will keep going up? I have some.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm fukking pissed nikkas eating off this shyt right now. My dumbass overplayed a sep 18th $31 RKT call. I was up major yesterday and something told me to sell before earnings but my dumbass got greedy :snoop:
Stop chasing tickers that other people are FOMOing into. I've been seeing people on wallstreetbets and youtube talking about RKT. That was my sign to not even touch that stock :mjlol:. Robinhood traders have been the ones piling into it -------> Robinhood sells this order flow to MMs ------> you as the retail trader gets fukkked. The more people hype up a stock the farther away I stay from it:francis:.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

growth stocks are overpriced. I agree with what FE said the other day, there are way better deals in value stocks right now.

There are but do people have patience for value, a lot of these industries are dead or will take time. I have the patience but I am being very selective.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
if yall see this as a buying opportunity yall are fried. there is no reason to buy at these levels. a buying opportunity is SP500 at 3300

edit: and even then it is a gamble. I look to the S&P being at 3400 going into October's earnings season...and then after the election we will see what happens.

furthermore, the whitehouse coming to a new stimulus deal could provide a catalyst back up to 3600. who knows
Wrong. SPY will bounce off the 20 EMA and we'll be back to smooth sailing. Also, expect a white house press confrence soon and "vaccine talks" this has happened EVERYTIME we have had a massive red day. I guarantee you Monday will be green asf.
I also don't think we will get a stimulus deal because it seems like Jobless claims are going down based on today's data:
Weekly jobless claims total 881,000, better than expected as labor market continues to heal

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

what are ark etfs
i been out the game . took a massive L earlier and needed a break

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Wrong. SPY will bounce off the 20 EMA and we'll be back to smooth sailing. Also, expect a white house press confrence soon and "vaccine talks" this has happened EVERYTIME we have had a massive red day. I guarantee you Monday will be green asf.
I also don't think we will get a stimulus deal because it seems like Jobless claims are going down based on today's data:
Weekly jobless claims total 881,000, better than expected as labor market continues to heal
hmmm it has been bouncing off the 20 day recently. maybe you're right.
let's see

i could def see trump pumping shyt up though

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
hmmm it has been bouncing off the 20 day recently. maybe you're right.
let's see

i could def see trump pumping shyt up though
I feel you but look what this mfer tweeted 3 hours ago:

expect vaccine news tommorow or Monday morning after a white house press confrence. This has happened everytime we've had a sell off. We then get some random vaccine news the next day and we gap up 3 points :mjlol:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

expect vaccine news tommorow or Monday morning after a white house press confrence. This has happened everytime we've had a sell off.

Lol i got puts. Ill be pretty upset if that happens lol

ill probably peep game tmw and then sell

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Does this mean VXX calls will keep going up? I have some.

do u get the concept of futures before u dive into this?

but assuming the theory is right it would mean that one day huge upswings on vxx would happen followed by declines.

Starski

Superstar
Daps

expect vaccine news tommorow or Monday morning after a white house press confrence. This has happened everytime we've had a sell off. We then get some random vaccine news the next day and we gap up 3 points :mjlol:

President pump and his cronies already been unloading vaccine news next up is stimulus....

might even have to unpack China news :troll: