Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Starski

Superstar
Daps
There won't be a drop. Always inverse the news. News is hella negative right now, market makers know this and will inverse. The only thing that might make us drop are bad non farm job numbers that come out tomorrow.
United States - Economic Calendar

I’m aware of data tmmrw.

What’s your criteria for a drop vs. dip?

Put to call ration still above one so more people buying calls and when people buy calls MM’s are forced to hedge by buying the underlying. MM’s are very quantish.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Could you imagine a random circuit breaker day :mjlol:

I read a white paper regarding this....
Author is a volatility trader. He says the price of Vol. implies a new market paradigm where vix stays >20, and +/- .50% moves are the new normal with random >5% red days.

I have to find the full paper but here is some discussion on it.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I’m aware of data tmmrw.

What’s your criteria for a drop vs. dip?

Put to call ration still above one so more people buying calls and when people buy calls MM’s are forced to hedge by buying the underlying. MM’s are very quantish.

Well technically, this 'drop' or 'dip' only brought us back to last week levels in the market:pachaha:

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Well technically, this 'drop' or 'dip' only brought us back to last week levels in the market:pachaha:

nah you 100% right.. which is why I always tell people who don’t have the time to dedicate to the craft “just throw X amount into indexes or solid companies and don’t look back”...

but you know for damn sure margin calls were given out today:lolbron:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Oh, y’all thought shyt was sweet???
No one thought it was sweet. This was expected. Non farm job data comes out tomorrow. People were going to take profits before the data comes out . It's in the calendar.
United States - Economic Calendar
I took my profits Tuesday in anticipation of this. Also, the fear greed index was on "extreme greed" Tuesday. I saw that and said :hubie:I'm cashing out. I will not be a victim of the Market Makers :mjgrin:.
Fear & Greed Index - Investor Sentiment - CNNMoney