Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
do u get the concept of futures before u dive into this?

but assuming the theory is right it would mean that one day huge upswings on vxx would happen followed by declines.

I'm going to have to admit that even though I have VXX calls, I don't REALLY fully understand what makes the VIX move. I know its related to the Bid/Ask spread of SPY, but I can't honestly say that I really understand what makes it move.

But the VXX call are one of the few things up today so :yeshrug:.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I feel you but look what this mfer tweeted 3 hours ago:

expect vaccine news tommorow or Monday morning after a white house press confrence. This has happened everytime we've had a sell off. We then get some random vaccine news the next day and we gap up 3 points :mjlol:

its about time for MRNA to be in the news again :manny:

Expect the same old:
jW6xRt.gif

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
do u get the concept of futures before u dive into this?

but assuming the theory is right it would mean that one day huge upswings on vxx would happen followed by declines.
i would be interested to hear a pro traders opinion on the vix...according to the chart right now it just broke through resistance of a falling wedge which means volatility could spike

we shLL SEE

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
There are but do people have patience for value, a lot of these industries are dead or will take time. I have the patience but I am being very selective.
Gotta learn. :manny:

They say most of the real money comes from passive investing.

I've been working on consolidating my positions, recently. ETF's are looking more attractive.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Think about the shyt that's dropping, Apple, Facebook..

I mean are you really concerned about the future of these companies?

Tesla ran and ran and ran too... this correction was coming.
Apple had doubled its value prior to the last few days. What about Apple warrants its share value being doubled this year?
i'm actually curious

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
I'm going to have to admit that even though I have VXX calls, I don't REALLY fully understand what makes the VIX move. I know its related to the Bid/Ask spread of SPY, but I can't honestly say that I really understand what makes it move.

But the VXX call are one of the few things up today so :yeshrug:.

i bought VXX calls yesterday to hedge, saved me from a massive loss today. i just sold them off tho, so no protection in case this shyt continues tmrw

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Apple had doubled its value prior to the last few days. What about Apple warrants its share value being doubled this year?
i'm actually curious

They had a good year but more than that money has to go somewhere and it went into the companies that are the wealthiest with the best balance sheets.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
i bought VXX calls yesterday to hedge, saved me from a massive loss today. i just sold them off tho, so no protection in case this shyt continues tmrw
I actually bought mine back in July, just before the big "Earnings" week.

They're up so much today I'm about to cash them in.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
They had a good year but more than that money has to go somewhere and it went into the companies that are the wealthiest with the best balance sheets.
that simple
it's the GOAT company of all time, none of us can deny that. But it's valuation has ridiculously inflated

so has tesla (google my posts in this thread lol it still pains me....i was talking about Tesla when it was 50 a share in 2013!)