Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Thoughts on buying into DOCU tomorrow morning (call option) with the purpose of hitting big Friday morning for an expected big Thursday afternoon earnings report? I know usually its frowned upon but I hit big with Salesforce doing this last week and I didn't do it for Zoom this week and missed out big......I'm up in the air about buying it tmrw
I doubt it pops I think it’s priced in

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
random thought but I’m surprised to see BBY at ATH in light of the pandemic

and some are still saying it’s slightly undervalued

Is that Best Buy? They been open out here for a while. I was in one a few weeks back. Plus they been having the online ordering. Lots of parents were prolly buying stuff for their kids for virtual learning or even for remote work. They had the order online and pick up at the store thing where you wait in the car before they opened back up. They been taking orders thru out this whole pandemic. People that didn't want to wait for Amazon 2 day delivery likely just ordered something from best buy. Not surprised with the major focus being more on tech these last few months, and they are major suppliers of it.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Was just reading about United Airlines cutting like 16000 workers when federal aid ends in October. Said the industry been lobbying Washington to aid them until regular travel starts back up again but who knows when that will be. The virus can spike again at anytime as long as there's just one case out there, who knows what the damage can be. They might be waiting a while. The busy holiday travel season is coming up soon especially Thanksgiving weekend, and with most people having no money to travel or using their money to pay for shelter and food, then the losses for the airline industry will continue. That and the cruise industry, with a worse future outlook in my opinion, are gonna have to revamp themselves cuz travel gotta be way different after this as well as their staffing and finances.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is that Best Buy? They been open out here for a while. I was in one a few weeks back. Plus they been having the online ordering. Lots of parents were prolly buying stuff for their kids for virtual learning or even for remote work. They had the order online and pick up at the store thing where you wait in the car before they opened back up. They been taking orders thru out this whole pandemic. People that didn't want to wait for Amazon 2 day delivery likely just ordered something from best buy. Not surprised with the major focus being more on tech these last few months, and they are major suppliers of it.

yep...appreciate the breakdown

only brick and mortar place I still go to (aside for food) so it makes sense

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Thoughts on buying into DOCU tomorrow morning (call option) with the purpose of hitting big Friday morning for an expected big Thursday afternoon earnings report? I know usually its frowned upon but I hit big with Salesforce doing this last week and I didn't do it for Zoom this week and missed out big......I'm up in the air about buying it tmrw
Breh playing earnings after we just had a huge rally is dangerous. There might be a small 3% correction especially with quad witching in two weeks. Careful.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm watching RTX closely. They have a lot going for them, trusted names/products and government contracts.. but this merger hasn't reaped the rewards yet. I'm still bullish especially at my cost basis (around $50) but being removed from the DOW is not a good look.

It doesn't really mean much if they get back economically to where they were and where they should be in the future but this recovery looks like it's going to take longer than expected.

Like I said I'm still bullish but I won't be adding to the position anytime soon. There's other places where I'd rather spend the money.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm watching RTX closely. They have a lot going for them, trusted names/products and government contracts.. but this merger hasn't reaped the rewards yet. I'm still bullish especially at my cost basis (around $50) but being removed from the DOW is not a good look.

It doesn't really mean much if they get back economically to where they were and where they should be in the future but this recovery looks like it's going to take longer than expected.

Like I said I'm still bullish but I won't be adding to the position anytime soon. There's other places where I'd rather spend the money.
DOW companies are more about economic impact. RTX is more a defense manufacturer now. UTX got rid of Carrier and Otis and Boeing already fills that defense manufacturer lane in the DOW.