Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
@the cac mamba found a new etf to add OGIG
It's managed by Kevin O Leary of shark tank.
At it's current price it's a steal. shyt will be 100 in a no time.

Props to @Doomsday :salute:

I saw that also have a small caps dividend etf. OUSM. I'm curious to see the payouts :leon:
:patrice: Not sure why ARKK or ARKW aren't listed, but OGIG is the top growth ETF of 2020 so far, according to investopedia :wow:

Best Growth ETFs for Q4 2020

:wow: time to load the rocketships........

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
That article says the 1 year trailing returns for OGIG are 72.8% but marketwatch shows ARKK at 97.35% and ARKW at 107.19% for the past year. So I don’t know how those aren’t listed unless they’re not considered “growth” ETF’s by investopedia.

Mutual Fund Comparison - MarketWatch

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
These peeps(NASPERS) own 31% of Tencent, they invested in them early for like 34 million. This investment ballooned to 410 Billion :damn:

Problem that they're having now is that (Tencent) is outperforming their other holdings. It's a good problem to have.
BUSINESS MAVERICK: Naspers, a year on and the problems are much the same

I've definitely got my eye on Naspers, since there's a cheap South African ETF, with them at 20% on top of exposure to MTN(which is a leading mobile wireless company throughout the continent of Africa) .

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
INDA looks like a solid ETF......

A lot of big money flowing into India right now. It's a country with over a billion people. A growing middle class.

Reliance Industries is the largest equity in the etf. This stock got leveled during COVID, but this is a massive holding. Within this holding is JIO, a massive telecommunications company within India, that FB dropped a bag on a few months.
Facebook Invests $5.7 Billion in India’s Jio Platforms - About Facebook
Reliance also just bought out another competitor:

The announcement today further complicates the future of Amazon and Walmart’s Flipkart in India, the largest open market globally by users, where e-commerce still accounts for just 3% of all retail sales. India’s retail market is estimated to balloon to $1.3 trillion by 2025, up from $700 billion last year, according to consultancy firm BCG and local trade group Retailers’ Association India.

TechCrunch is now a part of Verizon Media

Amazon is trying buy a 10% state in Reliance:

Reliance amazon deal: Amazon in talks to buy 9.9% stake in Reliance retail arm - The Economic Times

The next biggest holding in that ETF is INFY:
The balance sheet is :wow:

That's a true value stock.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
These peeps(NASPERS) own 31% of Tencent, they invested in them early for like 34 million. This investment ballooned to 410 Billion :damn:

Problem that they're having now is that (Tencent) is outperforming their other holdings. It's a good problem to have.
BUSINESS MAVERICK: Naspers, a year on and the problems are much the same

I've definitely got my eye on Naspers, since there's a cheap South African ETF, with them at 20% on top of exposure to MTN(which is a leading mobile wireless company throughout the continent of Africa) .

:mjlol:What's the ETF?

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I’ve got them on the watch list. Their stock just underwent a 7-1 reverse split so they could get on the nasdaq. I was reading about how shareholders didn’t understand the process and were starting to sell not realizing that their shares were still worth the same amount. Probably gonna be more volatile than normal over the next few days.