Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
How high do y’all think appl and Tesla will jump tomorrow? I looked at my Robinhood account today and it seems like the splits have already gone into affect. I wanted to buy more but didn’t transfer my money to Robinhood until Friday :francis:

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
How high do y’all think appl and Tesla will jump tomorrow? I looked at my Robinhood account today and it seems like the splits have already gone into affect. I wanted to buy more but didn’t transfer my money to Robinhood until Friday :francis:
I have a feeling it will be flat or a drop a bit

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have a feeling it will be flat or a drop a bit
I agree.
what makes you feel like that?
Can't speak for him, but typically when all the non-professional traders think that something will happen, the professional traders purposefully make sure the opposite happens. Currently the narrative is "Apple and Tesla are more affordable to the average investor". There may be an influx of new traders buying Apple/Tesla at the open and the professionals/institutional money is likely to make prices dip to scare out some people before the stocks possibly head higher.

Not guaranteed to happen by any means, but I think it is a likely scenario.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I agree.

Can't speak for him, but typically when all the non-professional traders think that something will happen, the professional traders purposefully make sure the opposite happens. Currently the narrative is "Apple and Tesla are more affordable to the average investor". There may be an influx of new traders buying Apple/Tesla at the open and the professionals/institutional money is likely to make prices dip to scare out some people before the stocks possibly head higher.

I personally havent considered buying more tesla for a cool 3-5 months, because I want and expect see some sort of intermediate correction. I'm not in a rush to buy more. But I know the stock won't stay still at its current price. At some point it'll dip tremendously then I'll load up. :manny:

If you're long term then you don't really care about the day to day shifts, unless Elon does something horrendous.

I could see a sell off if telsa remains flat for a few days, since many people were expecting it pop. You never know how many jumped into Tesla for a quick flip, only to see that shyt didnt pan out as expected.

With stock market, always expect the unexpected.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I agree.

honestly if it does drop I’d be glad. Just means I’d get them cheaper.

I was afraid that by the time my money got transferred prices would have increased.

been wanting more Apple stock for a minute so this split is great. Missed out on Tesla when it was way cheaper.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
@Macallik86 I agree with you but that's why I don't believe anyone should really be trading Apple/Tesla right now. If you are buying, it should be because you are in it for a long term investment. So if a big correction comes and some type of correction will come you can load up some more and DCA or you can just sit tight and wait patiently.

Again, I like both long term because they have many catalysts and despite their high valuations you can see that large investors are not running to value stocks right now on the whole. Value has gone up some but still a ways to go.

Big investors still know that the right place to park their money is in big tech and innovation.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I never go to McDonalds but I went through the drive through just now and on the screens they are promoting contactless payment, practically begging people not to use cash.

Paper cash was dying anyway but covid seriously sped up the process as seen with Square earnings.

Square, Paypal, Sea Limited, Facebook... etc. Just keep growing.

Maybe they'll start accepting crypto. :mjgrin:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

I've been hearing a lot of good shyt about HOME, they're eating into Pier 1's marketshare.

It's crazy because I remember seeing that stock at like $5.....

shyt will definitely pop....

I'll be watching for Zoom tomorrow. I never wanted to buy it outright, but I think having it an etf like OGIG will be enough.

Anyone staying up til 1am pst / 4am est to see TSLA and APPL in premarket:
full