Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I don't wanna pour water on these retirement discussions because everyone should be saving for their retirement but there must be a balance. I'll tell you why.. at 60+ years old you aren't going to be able to do everything you can now in your prime years. It's nice to think about relaxing and living comfortably when you are older and not worrying about bills or whatever else you have on your mind. Paying off your home, taking vacations, living life..

That's all great but in your prime years is when you can most enjoy those things. So don't only think about retirement. Manage your money well NOW and splurge every once in a while..treat yourself and your family if you have one, the time to enjoy life is just as much now or more.. than when you are retired.

I say "now" yes I understand covid and the elections and everything that's fukked up in the world going on but I mean "now" as in enjoy your life as much as you can ASAP whenever the time is right for you.
I’m thinking 5-10 years from now I’ll be retired living somewhere in the Caribbean living off investments and maybe a small business. :yeshrug:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
My IRA is showing the split stock totals and so is my Roth. I first thought my Roth wasn't showing since it was showing 4 Apple and 5 Tesla but then realized I only had 1 of each in that account. I log in and my balance says like 107k. I was like :ooh::leon: I like this stock split thing. Then I click positions and that shyt drops to 96k. I'm like :dahell::wtf: Then I refresh the page and it goes back to my real total of like 67k. I was like :damn::mjcry:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm definitely a slightly below average investor thot.

I'm only getting returns because of the freaky shyt I do with TSLA and AAPL. I didn't get much attention until I started getting straight nasty doing 4 to 1 and 5-1 splits.

My milkshake was bringing all the traders to the yard :blessed:

:gucci::gucci::dame::dame::dame:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
and this at 4%

Stop pouring Jelly :damn:
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

This is why the smart ones play the long term game as their main play. It's been proven over and over again that long-term investing, 10-15-20 years ALWAYS win out. Pick 3 or 4 companies that you KNOW will win going forward and invest in them joints monthly. If you're getting that return investing $1000 monthly at a 4% return. Imagine what $1000 monthly into Apple, AMD, Tesla, NVIDIA, Microsoft, Amazon/Google (if they split), etc. would bring in returns after 15 years? Hell even long-term call options are monsters on returns.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I have 2 QQQ $298 calls for Sep 30 and 2 QQQ $300 calls for Sep 30. This week should be hella interesting, especially Monday/Tuesday.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m thinking 5-10 years from now I’ll be retired living somewhere in the Caribbean living off investments and maybe a small business. :yeshrug:
capture_1.jpg

Definitely a balancing act. Need to enjoy life while "young" and health. Tomorrow isn't promised.

R.I.P Kobe R.I.P Chadwick R.I.P Charmander:rip:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Schwab showing my split shares with the adjusted prices. AAPL at $125 is gonna have a lot of people jumping onboard. TSLA at $442 could still be a little daunting for the average investor. We’ll see. I think people will dive in expecting to immediately double their money but that’s the wrong mindset. So they’ll buy in and then sell way sooner than they should.

there’s still a couple things on the menu that might push TSLA price up a bit or at least keep the price steady for a while this month