Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'm definitely one of those many stock investors. :russ:

Thing about it tho is that's the beauty of M1. All my stocks are well known companies except maybe Blink and Twilio. I think those two and Shop and Intel are my only current red ones. But with M1 I can minimize the damage. Tesla, Apple, and Amazon combined make up nearly half my pie and those are long term let them do their thing plays. So I can set a small percentage to other stocks and focus on the big players more. Big tech companies like the faangs aren't ones you really have to worry too much about. Those plus the arks gonna be straight. Even throwing money into mutual funds cuz the market goes up over time. Pennies the only ones you really have to worry about and that's best to not invest too much of your money into. There are some good flips here or there but most are p&d or just don't amount to much.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Y'all heard about this?

"MOSCOW, Aug 17 (Reuters) - The Moscow Exchange will launch trading of the 19 most liquid shares from the U.S. S&P 500 index on Aug. 24, the bourse said on Monday.

The exchange had earlier planned to offer trading in U.S. blue chips from Aug. 17, in a breakthrough for a long-awaited project which was slowed by Western sanctions.

The exchange will offer shares in Microsoft Corp, Amazon.com Inc, NVIDIA Corp, McDonald’s Corp , Facebook Inc, Twitter Inc, Alphabet Inc , Exxon Mobil Corp, Boeing Co, Intel Corp, AT&T Inc, Pfizer Inc, Visa Inc , Netflix Inc, Micron Technology Inc, Activision Blizzard Inc, Walt Disney Co, Advance Micro Devices Inc and Mastercard Inc.

The Moscow Exchange will also start trading Apple Inc shares on Sept. 7."
Went from the Russians rigged the election to the Russians rigged the stock market. :wow::pachaha:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
apple is a beast. i thought i was being greedy buying apple between 430-460 but it's paying off nicely. just keep buying big tech and you'll be set for life.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Pre Covid this thread was dead :deadmanny:
Hedge fund / asset managers bout to be extinct in 10 years at this rate
:mjgrin:

I’m lowkey :mjcry: at the overall market now... even me making money on the way down and a lil more on the way up. But the general sense that the idea of macro and company fundamentals falling behind as the driver in replacement of liquidity and fed policy. Shoot I made the joke back in April that the CFA should re-do the exam to “which way do stonks go”.

But it’s great to see a lot of people get into investments and using their money to make money, it really is a whole new world. Just know +/ 1% weekly moves in the overall market isn’t normal :heh:

risk still exists. And it usually hits when you never pay attention. The reason people still invest in buffet even though he hasn’t out preformed the market in decades is because his drawdowns arnt as bad as the general market. That’s if you are in this for the long haul, if not have fun with the OTM weeklys.

I’ll def be posting here more for the activity.

One great reasoning for this monstrous move to the upside is liquidity + negative real interest rates.

The difference between nominal and real is real is adjusted for inflation. So if the S&P is up 1% it’s up 1% in nominal terms but if inflation is .5% then it’s up .5% in real terms.

So when real interest rateS are negative, that means you loose money buying bonds / treasuries/ ect. Due to inflation. So what do you do with cash at this point?

the last CPI (a decent barometer for inflation) came in at 7% annualized last month... the highest ever. You all should check out the dollar index (it measures the strength of the USD versus all other currencies) It’s in the absolute shytter.

this is of topic but a good read.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Nice thought, but their monopoly power does make it difficult.

Example #1: Many years ago I had a blog with pretty strong traffic. I didn't initially use Facebook to promote the blog (didn't even own a Facebook account when I started the blog), but as Facebook became more and more ubiquitous I began notifying people of posts via Facebook as they had abandoned email updates and blog notifications and were spending their time almost entirely on Facebook. One day Facebook changed its algorithm to deprioritize outside blogs as they felt it caused loss of advertising revenue. Overnight I lost 40% of my traffic, and over the next few years my traffic continued to drop as Facebook made it more and more difficult for users to see my blog updates, even those who had explicitly subscribed to it. Before I quit using a personal Facebook for good, I had over 150 people subscribed to my blog's Facebook page, but no more than 10-15 of them would see my blog's updates unless I paid Facebook to promote it. And there was no workaround outside of Facebook as Facebook's intentionally addictive social engineering architecture had eliminated all other options from many of these people's lives.

Example #2: I swore off Facebook due to the above issue and other concerns about privacy and its intentionally addictive and misinformation-spreading nature, and closed my personal account. However, I found I had to reopen a Facebook account solely for work issues, as there were people I literally could not contact any other way. Facebook had taken over such complete control of their lives that alternatives no longer existed - I could only maintain a work relationship if I had a Facebook account with which to engage with them, when I wanted to support Facebook or not.

Even if I want to use alternatives, Facebook's power has grown so all-encompassing that I pay a serious penalty for not using it.
:wow:
Time to load up the rkt ship.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
My M1's are successful because I loaded up on about ten stocks and kept it at that.

I have Tesla, Square, FAANG and a couple other growth stocks.

Then in my second pie it is also Tesla, Square, FAANG at different percentages but different growth stocks to go along with it.

It's pretty simple to follow :manny:

Then in my other broker I'm loaded up on more Apple, Tesla, RTX, started a position on Lemonade and loaded up on a couple SPACs

I'm not stretched too thin

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I just moved another 25% of my savings to open webull. It was jelly status in savings

FB I'm about to go heavy in

SPCE and JMAI going keep my eye on

DKNG. Im debating putting more in LCA or starting DKNG position. One for gaming. One for sports. But it also against the logic of only have a handful tho vs too many:patrice:
I have a small position in LCA, but regarding DKNG, I don't necessarily care for it 5+ years from now, because another way of platform of degeneracy may emerge within that time span, but for right now its obvious to me that the stock is undervalued, with sports being on the back burner.

Last edited: