Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
And I'll either wait for a correction to bring the price down or just look elsewhere. Piling onto overpriced stocks just because in theory they should keep going up isn't a great strategy.

I'm the kinda guy that was buying Apple when it was in the $160-170 range. Buying Facebook in the $140-$180 range. Buying Netflix at $480+ isn't a good move. If I'm gonna buy that high why wouldn't I have bought last year when it was in the high $200 range?

Buy low and sell high is the aim not buy high and hope it goes higher. Hell I'd rather buy FB, MSFT, or APPL at their current prices with PEs in the low 30s than buy Netflix with a 100 PE.

It’s a new day

Covid shifted everything. Value investing is starting to take a back seat since the start of the Fed pumping. You just have to look for companies that will be at the top of their industry in 5+ years and just buy and hold at this point. NFLX will be one of them. I think there’s a good chance they’ll get to $800 by end of 2022. Buying NFLX now will most likely return more money than buying Disney in 2 years.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It’s a new day

Covid shifted everything. Value investing is starting to take a back seat since the start of the Fed pumping. You just have to look for companies that will be at the top of their industry in 5+ years and just buy and hold at this point. NFLX will be one of them. I think there’s a good chance they’ll get to $800 by end of 2022. Buying NFLX now will most likely return more money than buying Disney in 2 years.

I think Disney takes over the movie industry but it's a long play and they need to think about how they handle the theme parks business with covid out here. That shyt is empty.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I think Disney takes over the movie industry but it's a long play and they need to think about how they handle the theme parks business with covid out here. That shyt is empty.

This COVID is gonna hurt DIS for a few years. Even with a vaccine I doubt ppl are gonna take it. Ppl refuse to wear a mask yet the government expects ppl to inject an accelerated vaccine. Good luck with that.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Just a word of caution

Anyone thinking NAK be fukking careful

shyt could hit the fan randomly and it is heavily shorted and manipulated

I dont think the company will do another offering any time soon (they recently had 2) but they could do that too

Management is questionable but has made a lot of strides last few years

It's not gonna just be a straight up elevator to the top even though it should be

If price wasnt suppressed it would probably be at 5 dollars. Truly shyt companies fly in SP whereas NAK has ownership to very valuable tangible assets

On the plus side I would be absolutely SHOCKED if the FEIS isn't positive and there will be really no holding them back after that other than 1. Bs rumors from shorts and 2. Environmental protesters. One lawsuit was already tossed and with the army core of engineers giving the go ahead and soon the FEIS then I really doubt there is any recourse for the people concerned about the salmon

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Covid play is nice brehs. Its the easiest money in the market right now. shyt can blow up any minute. And it ain't gonna tank any time soon.

MRNA is getting close to $100. I was not a believer in this company, but they got the money and they are in the driver's seat. This was a perfect swing stock but a bull momentum is strong here. I sold all my shares at $80, but im itching to get in again. next resistance level will be $110. very soon.

INO still holding on around mid $20s range. A very good sign. remember how it got shorted all the way down to $18? It bounced back nicely. I have a hunch that more good news will come. I really can see $40 incoming soon. volatility is high cuz its smaller company, but reward is very high.

NVAX - This is a $200+ stock with all that funding and they still have nanoflu. They cant possibly screw up 1.6 bil in funding, can they?

Last edited:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Shopify stock surged almost 160% this year and became the country’s biggest company by market capitalization. The tech titan’s superior revenue growth and unique business model fuelled the rally.

Interestingly, despite valuation concerns and gloomy economic picture, Shopify stock might continue its upward momentum in the short term.

Well, that was about Shopify. The next beast that’s emerging in Canada’s technology sector is NexTech AR Solutions (CSE:NTAR). The stock has soared almost 400% this year and 1,350% in the last 12 months, notably beating Shopify.

NexTech AR Solutions: An emerging leader in the augmented reality space
Technology companies backed by unique, innovative business models realize higher margins and generally grow at a superior pace. NexTech AR Solutions checks in all these boxes.

Forget Shopify (TSX:SHOP): Canada’s Next Monster Tech Stock Is Here - The Motley Fool Canada

I Post about NEXCF in another thread all the time. But, NEXCF filed for an NASDAQ uplist last week.

Not sure if any of you guys find value in what MF has to say, but surely they have "some" followers out there.

Example of what NexTech is doing. And this is just one of their verticals:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s a new day

You're not buying DIS looking 2 years out though. If you aren't planning on holding for 5-10 years then you shouldn't be buying DIS.

Value investing never takes a back seat. Some people are and always will be on some sort of get rich quick scheme. Buying these overpriced stocks with the anticipation they go up ignoring the metrics is playing with fire. Follow the herd if you want but the herd has no real conviction in what they're doing and at the first sign of trouble they'll scatter.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
You're not buying DIS looking 2 years out though. If you aren't planning on holding for 5-10 years then you shouldn't be buying DIS.

Value investing never takes a back seat. Some people are and always will be on some sort of get rich quick scheme. Buying these overpriced stocks with the anticipation they go up ignoring the metrics is playing with fire. Follow the herd if you want but the herd has no real conviction in what they're doing and at the first sign of trouble they'll scatter.

I worded my Disney and NFLX comparison poorly. I’m trying to say NFLX will return more than Disney in 2 years than Disney will return in 5-10 years imo. Basically the return you’ll get investing in a company like NFLX be way higher than Disney.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
exactly what I’m trying to say. They seem overpriced but in 5+ years you’ll wish you bought SQ and other growth stocks at this price.

and if not then enjoy the ride.. I like DIS a lot but I sold all my DIS for a nice profit and moved on when it was apparent their theme park issue wasn't going away

I do think they will control the movie biz and I do think Disney+ will be a strong #2 to Netflix.

But all that is probably years out and we don't know what exactly the movie biz will look like now. So it's just as much of a guess to where DIS will be in 5 years as it is these growth stocks..