Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you aint alone breh. i have so many damn bonehead shortsighted moves. selling TSLA, NFLX, AAPL, AMZN, FB, MSFT, BABA, SHOP, TDOC, and so on. i was just so damn impatient. i never wanted to be a long term investor. when i started i just swing traded everything. i made small profits. but if i kept these shares my ally account would've been 10Xed easily :mjcry:
I sold FB too but that was a good move. Apple and FB were both around $170 or so and I was on a whole dividend only kick at the time so I thought it was better to sell FB and put all that money into Apple shares. My Apple position is the best move I've made. The profits on the shares I bought are worth more than my initial position. I ended up buying back into FB this year and have a $174 cost basis on FB.

I don't really wanna sell anything but I should probably trim my Apple position a few shares and take some profits.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good day. My M1 was up and my entire long portfolio on TD was up or flat with the exception of RTX..

I gotta say. RTX at $58 if you ain't buying at this price u pouring jelly.. it will easily be $100+

where did this come from? we don't pour jelly on ourselves in harlem :dame:

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
sold my bitcoin and bought 9 shares of TSLA with my robinhood. i wanna quick come up and then sell it to buy more bitcoin. i really see $2000 bull happening while bitcoin stays dormant.

I got this LINK coin that a few of the guys were talking about. It's around $6 now. Hearing good things about them and a few others. Don't know what bitcoin is doing. Seems like it has some potential but definitely overpriced now. Rather get something cheap and have more shares in case it goes up a lot and gets more value. Everything a risk in crypto tho but some have better rewards than others.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Regardless of the COVID-19, they already put the sentiment out that they’re not closing up the entire economy again. They said American couldn’t survive if it happened again.
Won't even need to go that far. Just limit nonessential state to state travel, ramp up production in states with low or declining cases, and help the small businesses stay on their feet. Everyone gotta do g their part, no selfishness allowed. Of course people not really gonna be spending money like that so gotta find a way to help that. A stimulus might help but not too much and inflation will keep happening. A vaccine or cure might be our best option.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Here's some of the greatest hits of L's I've taken and the prices I bought in at in 2019. I sold all of these last year also. Made a profit on all of them except Fiverr which I basically broke even on and Tesla which I sold at a loss. A testament to the fact that you should hold almost everything you buy for at least a couple years.
Fiver $32 Sold at $31
Tesla $320 Sold at like $250
Zillow $38 Sold in the mid $40s
Amazon $1650 Sold at $1900
Charter $290 Sold at $340
JD.com $22 Sold in the high $20s
Nvidia $162 Sold at about $170
AMD $21 Sold in the mid $30s

Edit: forgot Netflix both bought and sold it in the $320 range.
:dead:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Good day. My M1 was up and my entire long portfolio on TD was up or flat with the exception of RTX..

I gotta say. RTX at $58 if you ain't buying at this price u pouring jelly.. it will easily be $100+
I'm interested in this rtx. Climbed up to mid 70s and dipped pretty good. Seems like a good time to get in

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really gotta get bacon in on my longs.... I completely Neglected my long term watchlist. All I have is wmg and T and a couple Tesla

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm interested in this rtx. Climbed up to mid 70s and dipped pretty good. Seems like a good time to get in

My cost basis is $50 so I'm chillin but $58 is a great price.. you saw a preview a couple weeks back.

The dow went up and it skyrocketed from 50 to 75.

Imagine what it will do in a working economy. Aerospace and defense innovators :wow: