Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Miscalculated how many shares of SOLO I had left after selling some to cover my investment on my Yahoo list, thought I had 137 left, but I have 237, sitting at $1150 in pure profit :ehh:

Also just realized Schwab has a stock slices offering - basically M1 - not sure how I missed this (they’re my main broker), definitely would’ve set up an account here instead :francis: ahh well

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
$35 loss on Fidelity but $30 gain on M1. So not much of a loss. TDA was about even. Thought it was gonna be worse with the market being down. Thankfully not and I can maintain some stability tomorrow with it being end of week. I got 18 funds in my retirement IRA and like 5 stocks. Which I don't plan on adding anymore stocks to that account anyways. I'm contemplating throwing the extra money when I get rid of the individual stocks to the M1 since Fidelity I don't think does partial shares. I am curious to know if they have distribution options tho. Because my old broker let me invest every week and they would send a portion to each fund. Like the M1. I'll have to find out about that because I want to keep those funds for many more years.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yeah nah.. lotta people want Arkk and etc. I heard they ain't got as many stocks up on fractional shares either
Probably not. But it’s schwab, they may offer new services to stay relevant, but they still want a certain clientele. they’re looking to lure in young workers with high earning potential who will open other accounts with them or have their wealthier older clients open these accounts for kids/grandkids. M1 is and everyman brokerage like RH and Acorns - all get the job done, but schwab is always going to cater to those with higher net worths.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Looks like Fidelity has that option and allows you to create a custom investment schedule like monthly or quarterly. I used to do that back in the day on my roth but just to put money in and then invest myself.