Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've got about a third of my position left.

:whoa:

Most brokerages just limit to showing 10 at-the-money calls. There is always a button/option to show more of the chain. Those options tend to be riskier and less liquid but I think it is a design choice instead of a 'protect their traders' choice

BnIjLBi.png

eZWI1Lv.png

Anyways, almost the exact thing that the trader killed himself over happened to me about 7 years ago on a platform built for options trading. I remember sheepishly calling into the customer service with no idea how I was going to pay for the XLE calls I was assigned.

I think that Robinhood is a subpar brokerage now that everyone offers free commissions, but I think the flak they got for the suicide is an industry-related problem. If I remember right though, settlement or one of the main steps takes place on a Saturday/Sunday so being in the hole Friday and then having the adjustments take place over the weekend is technically correct I think...?
Guess I need to look deeper into my brokerage

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Maybe you or an expert can explain to me what the hell the difference is between all these funds. I was thinking of index funds and mutual funds earlier and now you mention hedge funds. Which is the one that has a group of stocks in it that you can invest in? Like those ARK ones you mention, but those look like ETF. But then I got some that have like a bunch of different investments like microsoft and apple and whatnot on fidelity. So what are these hedge funds and how can we get some of that 400 billion? :jbhmm:
Hedge funds aren’t a security retail investors can buy. They raise money from large or institutional investors, and use that to create these managed portfolios of all types of assets from securities to derivatives, etc. hedge fund managers easily pull in over a million to over a billion in pay each year. got a few friends from b school who are fund managers, this is shyt white people just know about growing up, shyt I wouldn’t have ever imagined.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
They'll find a way. :troll:

The rich gonna get richer. Gonna have to find a way to replace that $600 unemployment and everything else. Gonna be a hard time for sure. Gotta find a way to grind and not get left behind. Hopefully something positive comes up out of this. Whether its another stimulus and the effect that may have remains to be seen. Hopefully they extend the unemployment and give us another 1200 so people can keep buying stocks and get these prices up. I got most of my money in some sort of investment. Thankfully I don't have much other expenses. Luckily I got great credit and plenty available on there but don't intend to use it up and mess with my score. Got one week left of state unemployment and who knows if I get an extension. But if not, Ima have to find a way or find a job. :mjcry: I've been enjoying these times with y'all and this freedom. Hopefully that won't have to happen and we become rich before the market crashes again.
Once you start investing you look at money differently. Go and get a job so you can invest more.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Flipping a tesla into 10 sq, thoughts?

Looking at my TD account Tesla has been on the rise while SQ has been dropping a little this morning.

Do you have $25K in your account? Can you make round-trips within a day?

If not I wouldn't try to do it.

And this is coming from someone who sold AAPL to get in on SQ

For entertainment purposes only. I've only really been trading for 4 months now :mjgrin:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Maybe you or an expert can explain to me what the hell the difference is between all these funds. I was thinking of index funds and mutual funds earlier and now you mention hedge funds. Which is the one that has a group of stocks in it that you can invest in? Like those ARK ones you mention, but those look like ETF. But then I got some that have like a bunch of different investments like microsoft and apple and whatnot on fidelity. So what are these hedge funds and how can we get some of that 400 billion? :jbhmm:
Simplest explanation is Hedge funds aren’t actively traded they’re just large institutional traders.

They’re goal is simply make money for their clients(wealthy people).

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Looking at my TD account Tesla has been on the rise while SQ has been dropping a little this morning.

Do you have $25K in your account? Can you make round-trips within a day?

If not I wouldn't try to do it.

And this is coming from someone who sold AAPL to get in on SQ

For entertainment purposes only. I've only really been trading for 4 months now :mjgrin:
Nah I just moved a 401k over to E-trade last week. I made $1200 off 4 shares of Tesla. I sold one, and got 7 shares of Sq and 5 more ARKK. This is my long term account. Has around 6900 in it now.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Nah I just moved a 401k over to E-trade last week. I made $1200 off 4 shares of Tesla. I sold one, and got 7 shares of Sq and 5 more ARKK. This is my long term account. Has around 6900 in it now.

One thing that caught me off guard earlier this year is when I tried to do the same thing with 2 other stocks I got put on the sidelines for 3 business days. Basically I tried to sell stock A for stock B, and when I tried to sell stock B to get back into Stock A I got hit with this day trader penalty thing that pretty much locked up my account for 3 days. I ended up losing the opportunity to make $3K.

@FabTrey can you help this breh out

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
One thing that caught me off guard earlier this year is when I tried to do the same thing with 2 other stocks I got put on the sidelines for 3 business days. Basically I tried to sell stock A for stock B, and when I tried to sell stock B to get back into Stock A I got hit with this day trader penalty thing that pretty much locked up my account for 3 days. I ended up losing the opportunity to make $3K.

@FabTrey can you help this breh out
Itd be my first strike on my IRA. My other account is straight cash. But im liquidating that to go into m1! @FabTrey is my idol