Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting into s&p500, killing them deliveries in pandemic, crushing q2, upcoming battery day, demand all time high, lowering price tag, and all that comparisons with nkla and so on. Im thinkin 2000 by q4.

:shaq:
thats whats padding amazons stock

i noticed all the S&P funds are holding amazon number 3 now, behind microsoft and apple. amazon wasnt even top 10 a few months ago

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I’m still invested dummy, I’m just not putting new money in until I see a pullback or real opportunity.

Idk how y’all think the end of $600 unemployment, a weak potential stimulus that only goes people making less than 40k a year, and 32% of Americans being behind on rent as signs to invest like nothing is wrong with this economy.

They'll find a way. :troll:

The rich gonna get richer. Gonna have to find a way to replace that $600 unemployment and everything else. Gonna be a hard time for sure. Gotta find a way to grind and not get left behind. Hopefully something positive comes up out of this. Whether its another stimulus and the effect that may have remains to be seen. Hopefully they extend the unemployment and give us another 1200 so people can keep buying stocks and get these prices up. I got most of my money in some sort of investment. Thankfully I don't have much other expenses. Luckily I got great credit and plenty available on there but don't intend to use it up and mess with my score. Got one week left of state unemployment and who knows if I get an extension. But if not, Ima have to find a way or find a job. :mjcry: I've been enjoying these times with y'all and this freedom. Hopefully that won't have to happen and we become rich before the market crashes again.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
They'll find a way. :troll:

The rich gonna get richer. Gonna have to find a way to replace that $600 unemployment and everything else. Gonna be a hard time for sure. Gotta find a way to grind and not get left behind. Hopefully something positive comes up out of this. Whether its another stimulus and the effect that may have remains to be seen. Hopefully they extend the unemployment and give us another 1200 so people can keep buying stocks and get these prices up. I got most of my money in some sort of investment. Thankfully I don't have much other expenses. Luckily I got great credit and plenty available on there but don't intend to use it up and mess with my score. Got one week left of state unemployment and who knows if I get an extension. But if not, Ima have to find a way or find a job. :mjcry: I've been enjoying these times with y'all and this freedom. Hopefully that won't have to happen and we become rich before the market crashes again.
Yeah I just read an article that said hedge funds are ready to start dumping money back into the stock market.

JPMorgan's market guru says stocks can hit new records this summer as hedge funds and quants put $400 billion to work | Markets Insider

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Yeah I just read an article that said hedge funds are ready to start dumping money back into the stock market.

JPMorgan's market guru says stocks can hit new records this summer as hedge funds and quants put $400 billion to work | Markets Insider
Maybe you or an expert can explain to me what the hell the difference is between all these funds. I was thinking of index funds and mutual funds earlier and now you mention hedge funds. Which is the one that has a group of stocks in it that you can invest in? Like those ARK ones you mention, but those look like ETF. But then I got some that have like a bunch of different investments like microsoft and apple and whatnot on fidelity. So what are these hedge funds and how can we get some of that 400 billion? :jbhmm:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This why I don't mess with that options trading. Done know what the hell this guy was investing in or why he took out that much of an advance on his credit cards. I don't think that even elite level stocks are worth doing that.

Robinhood Has Lured Young Traders, Sometimes With Devastating Results

There's two sides of this..

1. There are a lot of new retail investors especially on Robinhood who get way over their heads on shyt they really don't understand.

2. Media, managers, advisors and whales want retail investors to go away and they are salty about the come ups they are seeing with people who did get into the game and have success.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

1. There are a lot of new retail investors especially on Robinhood who get way over their heads on shyt they really don't understand.

2. Media, managers, advisors and whales want retail investors to go away and they are salty about the come ups they are seeing with people who did get into the game and have success.

true that. covid got people panicking and making irrational decisions and with the ease of use of that app, they go crazy on it. don't know why those type would get salty if the money is getting pumped into the market. Everyone is a retail investor that doesn't work for the stock market actually. More people investing is good for the market. as far as how they go about it is another issue.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not jsut that but robinhood option chains are way more deeper than the other brokerage. I’m in a group that call out option and the options they call out are only available on robinhood. I’ll go check my brokerage and it don’t even show up. Robinhood goes deeper out-the-money than other brokerages. If you don’t know what you or have a exit plan that shyt can get real ugly for you real quick

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukk JD is at all time high. I think it's time to invest next time I see a dip. These muthafukkas probably gonna double up soon.
I've got about a third of my position left.
Not jsut that but robinhood option chains are way more deeper than the other brokerage. I’m in a group that call out option and the options they call out are only available on robinhood. I’ll go check my brokerage and it don’t even show up. Robinhood goes deeper out-the-money than other brokerages. If you don’t know what you or have a exit plan that shyt can get real ugly for you real quick
:whoa:

Most brokerages just limit to showing 10 at-the-money calls. There is always a button/option to show more of the chain. Those options tend to be riskier and less liquid but I think it is a design choice instead of a 'protect their traders' choice

BnIjLBi.png

eZWI1Lv.png

Anyways, almost the exact thing that the trader killed himself over happened to me about 7 years ago on a platform built for options trading. I remember sheepishly calling into the customer service with no idea how I was going to pay for the XLE calls I was assigned.

I think that Robinhood is a subpar brokerage now that everyone offers free commissions, but I think the flak they got for the suicide is an industry-related problem. If I remember right though, settlement or one of the main steps takes place on a Saturday/Sunday so being in the hole Friday and then having the adjustments take place over the weekend is technically correct I think...?