Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just got an email from Ally that they are dropping the rate to 1% smh.
From like 1.10 or something. The rate drop from what it was is negligible. At this point I need a reserve of liquid cash and I don't trust the stock market to stay up in this climate. I'm just leaving my money in Ally.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
TWOU is nice brehs. im going heavy whenever it dips below $33. below $37, ill sell some FB to buy more.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
From like 1.10 or something. The rate drop from what it was is negligible. At this point I need a reserve of liquid cash and I don't trust the stock market to stay up in this climate. I'm just leaving my money in Ally.
Breh, 1.1 to 1 may be negligible but it has dropped from over 2% down to one in less than a year. I agree with having a cash savings account somewhere (even if just for better insurance on your deposit) but if you can pull part of your savings into M1, you can be conservative as hell and still 3-5x current online savings interest rates

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
bears expecting 40% crash, im witholding adding any money into fidelity/robinhood...only adding to m1finance on a weekly basis to help with cost avg on blue chip stocks

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
oh by the way for those who uses M1

Try not to rebalance frequently brehs. you will pay more taxes by doing so. ima only gonna rebalance once a year. dont expose yourself to more taxable events.

Good to know. Think I got a decent setup with faang, tesla, msft, sq, and a few other high ranking stocks. Got stocks that should be great long term plays so I'm set leaving it as is and just keeping depositing.