Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That FB shyt is hilarious and it's dumb af. The advertisement company that pulled ads was only their 30th highest client..

FB is sitting on billions. This is what you call an overreaction..

But guess what? We can eat off overreactions..:whew:

I bought into WYNN again too
Facebook just lost one of the biggest advertisers in the world for the rest of 2020
(Sub header reads: "Following Unilever's announcement, Coca-Cola said it would suspend its social media advertising globally.")
Unilever spent $42.3 million on Facebook in 2019, according to Pathmatics, an ad data firm, and spent $11.8 million through June 25.

Unilever is one of a number of advertisers who are pushing for new rules for social media companies as part of the Global Alliance for Responsible Media.

giphy.webp

It's not just that Verizon pulled out either... When you become a pariah, employee morale goes down, the allure of working with your company decreases, etc. Not saying that this is part of the selloff, but there will potentially be long term ramifications to Zuckerberg's approach

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Imagine wanting FB to do well

:mjlol:
I deleted FB and IG off my phone after Zuckerberg started doing Fox News interviews and making purposefully misleading free speech comparisons. Not that they're knocking down my door but if I were the kinda talent they're looking for, I wouldn't give them the time of day

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Facebook just lost one of the biggest advertisers in the world for the rest of 2020
(Sub header reads: "Following Unilever's announcement, Coca-Cola said it would suspend its social media advertising globally.")

giphy.webp

It's not just that Verizon pulled out either... When you become a pariah, employee morale goes down, the allure of working with your company decreases, etc. Not saying that this is part of the selloff, but there will potentially be long term ramifications to Zuckerberg's approach

reality is these companies were trimming there ad money regardless to cut cost this is just a way to get some free press and try to look good

Like coke is some socially aware company :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
FB is literally sitting on billions. They own FB, Instagram and Whatsapp.. if you think they are "done" you are playing yourself. :manny:

I'd also like to add that I don't have FB in my M1 because I agree with Zuckerberg on anything. I have them because they will make me money. That's the purpose of investing.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
fukk FB.. let's talk about some other shyt I'm excited about.

DKNG crashed all the way down to $32. I might add more to my overall position. This is tremendous. Yes the "second wave" is fukking shyt up but also there were warrants that needed to be executed and there was uncertainty about sports.

Well, both NBA and MLB released their schedules officially so it looks like sports will indeed be back and DKNG should be doing great when they return.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
On RTX.. my one gripe is that it follows the rest of the market too closely a lot of times but that's what it is. If the market is selling then RTX is probably selling. But there's a good side to that because when the market is doing well, RTX is going to be a leader in the market.

After hours they secured another deal. $2.3 billion from the Pentagon for missile defense. Once this covid shyt is over RTX is gonna pop huge.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
SHLL was the surprise of the day, I almost fell outta my chair. I kept adding shares at $16 because I said shyt... there's no way they won't get past $20 after the merger.

But I looked into it deeper and I posted this video a number of pages back that I will re post now if anyone missed it. This shyt look like the real deal far as the future of efficient and modern trucking goes..

Instead of simply flipping it, I think I might just hold. fukk it. We haven't reached the merger yet anyway. Maybe secure some profits but this is something I'm thinking about holding long term now.