will be like

:demonic:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
yo heres a stupid question; can you just trade in a roth ira the same way you do as the taxed brokerage account?

ive just been throwing in 6 grand in index funds at the beginning of the year, and forgetting about it. hasn't even occurred to me to fukk around with it :dead:
they haven't told me any different. :manny:

I opened this account with fidelity back in 2011 when a friend had been talking up Roth IRA so I decided to get one. I already had a 401k at work that would only let me invest in funds, up until I transferred that to fidelity after this past memorial day, but they let me buy stocks on that. But yeah I think that you can trade and its already after tax anyways. I know theres a waiting period to take out your money, I think 5 years, without a penalty. But if you've had that account open for longer than that then you could pull out without paying taxes or anything I believe. Only issue I have with my roth is I fukked around and overspent my funds. Apparently they got some shyt where you can't go past your cash available or some limit on day trades so I sold GNUS middle of last week and had to wait until today for the money to clear cuz I can only use my settled cash for 90 days. not my fault they let me trade with unsettled money. :manny:

Heres something disappointingly interesting talking about this. I went to check when I had opened the account in my statements. I saw that on 06/17/11 I purchased 25 shares of a well known company called AMD for $6.99 a share. I sold it at $5.18 later that year. Today its worth $52.83. :mjcry:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
how do u check total gains in fidelity-like yearly return or even 3 months
what im seeing now is how much i made off money currently invested into fidelity

you can go click on 'performance'. and get some data. but it's not the most recent data. i just checked mine and it's only up to end of last month. it shows you beginning balance, ending balance, dividend, and market changes. and there's a nice graphic where you stack up with the other indexes.

Last edited: