Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's pretty much what I do. I've been rethinking my etf strategy though. If you're not outperforming the S&P (which I'm not) what the fukk is the point of having multiple monthly investments? Maybe you add a bond or two as a hedge against a crash, but rather than have multiple stock ETFs it seems better to just buy a bunch of SPY, or maybe that total market vanguard joint, I think it's VNQ or something like that, only.

LOL, bad move and this is why so many people were crying bloody murder when the market corrected itself - it sounds good, but SPY/SPX diversification is not the proper diversification and leads you wide open to a bevy of issues.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
LOL, bad move and this is why so many people were crying bloody murder when the market corrected itself - it sounds good, but SPY/SPX diversification is not the proper diversification and leads you wide open to a bevy of issues.
So what's the proper strategy for monthly stock/bond/ETF investment. Say I get up to 12 investments per month for $12. What sort of products should one invest in?

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
That's pretty much what I do. I've been rethinking my etf strategy though. If you're not outperforming the S&P (which I'm not) what the fukk is the point of having multiple monthly investments? Maybe you add a bond or two as a hedge against a crash, but rather than have multiple stock ETFs it seems better to just buy a bunch of SPY, or maybe that total market vanguard joint, I think it's VNQ or something like that, only.

yeah I'm in vanguard etfs. they seem to have the lowest costs out of all of them. I used to have some bond exposure as well but I've completely got it out of my portfolio because they've gotten killed the last year or so.

I usually hold VTI (US equities), VWO (emerging markets but I don't hold it right now emerging markets have sucked), BND (which I got rid of), and VNQ (the REIT ETF)

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To all that missed the Pmcm ride today, do not worry, I expect there to be heavy sells by rookies who think we were diluted today....Pmcm increased its a/s not its o/s today from 5 billy to 25 billy and rookies will sell early tomorrow morn...when the selling stops, BUY BUY BUY...

A merger is coming, just like phot

Watch tomorrow for yourself if you don't believe me, peace

what's the end game here - we buy up the stock and the owner decides he needs to do a 2nd round of financing - you end up with diluted shares. Or the MM's start selling your shares to shorts and the PPS never moves and they wait until someone breaks and unloads their shares before catching everyone in a downward spiral. Just curious what you think the end game is here? *besides obviously hoping for PPS to rise*

Dude, get out! You're not reaching a penny - you got most of that move today because people saw the buys coming in and joined in - i don't know the details about the dilution but I highly doubt they are merging. PHOT should be tanking soon but it's riding the MJ bubble.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits

I mean sure you don't want to be completely all in on stocks but if you're in it for the long haul I think you'll be fine.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what's the proper strategy for monthly stock/bond/ETF investment. Say I get up to 12 investments per month for $12. What sort of products should one invest in?

depends on your financial goals, risk aversion, and apetite.

70/30% of your excess spend 70% stock 30% bond is typical for most people. 90/10 if you're more aggressive

part of that 90 should be emerging/international , lets say 25% - 40%, the rest domestic and If i was a generalist, I'd put most of it in SPX, Russel 2000, and value and/or incomes funds....the rest in hedging types (gold/precious metals, laggards, real estate, inverse etfs/index funds).

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
depends on your financial goals, risk aversion, and apetite.

70/30% of your excess spend 70% stock 30% bond is typical for most people. 90/10 if you're more aggressive

part of that 90 should be emerging/international , lets say 25% - 40%, the rest domestic and If i was a generalist, I'd put most of it in SPX, Russel 2000, and value and/or incomes funds....the rest in hedging types (gold/precious metals, laggards, real estate, inverse etfs/index funds).
That's pretty much what I do except I don't buy bonds anymore. I get SPY, the vanguard total market, can't remember the the symbol, QQQQ, Russell growth and value, a small cap one, can't remember the symbol, healthcare, real estate, and utilities spiders, silver, and GLD. I was just thinking though that I was diversified, but wasn't outperforming the S&P and portfolio would be worth more with less fees if I just bought a bunch of SPY. :manny:

I try to be aggressive with my index fund because my 401k is balanced.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Dude, get out! You're not reaching a penny - you got most of that move today because people saw the buys coming in and joined in - i don't know the details about the dilution but I highly doubt they are merging. PHOT should be tanking soon but it's riding the MJ bubble.
they just moved their operations to colorado, and PHOT did a similar deal with their A/S and still went up and

get this

I found another motherfukking company that JUST ANNOUNCED TODAY they are getting into the weed business

its an oil company with assets and low liabilites called BAYP

either buy or miss the ride tomorrow:yeshrug:

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they just moved their operations to colorado, and PHOT did a similar deal with their A/S and still went up and

get this

I found another motherfukking company that JUST ANNOUNCED TODAY they are getting into the weed business

I don't trust Phot either but we are talking short term, so if you can make that money get it breh.

PMCM doesn't have revenues, CFO just left to run a music/tv company, and just announced AS increased with no real strategic plan - i'm wary but interested because along with your moves someone else was buying up shares.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
To all that missed the Pmcm ride today, do not worry, I expect there to be heavy sells by rookies who think we were diluted today....Pmcm increased its a/s not its o/s today from 5 billy to 25 billy and rookies will sell early tomorrow morn...when the selling stops, BUY BUY BUY...

A merger is coming, just like phot

Watch tomorrow for yourself if you don't believe me, peace

I may just sell early on and pocket the 1300 I made today and buy after it drops again.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

get this

You don't that's already factored into the price? They hit a high today.