Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
I bought in before they were investigated I was selling them all off but for some reason $150 was lingering and I couldn’t sell it while they were suspended. So I’ve been waiting to sell it when they got back on but I don’t like selling at a loss. But this shyt is tanking thank God it’s not more than Some chump change. I want to come up a little bit so I can sell this shyt.
yep, i'd be very angry if i poured alot cash in this, however, i only threw a small change at it. so imma patient with it. if drops below $1 i might cop me some more :yeshrug:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Oh yeah!

It's going to jump back to $9 within 2 weeks.

Sometimes you have to be patient.

I'm going to make a couple of g's when it does. :manny:

I just did the same thing with PLAY.

Bought PLAY 2 weeks ago under $10 and just sold it above $12.
Yeah I was lookijg to buy back in on Monday at a cheaper price than what I paid which was 7.51. Play was a steal last Thursday at 8.60, props on that one. I wanted it and pussed out.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He makes a good point about the work from home group maybe not needing Uber as much

but I think it’s also very possible that could lead to more people not owning a car even suburbs

also he was just saying that Uber eats would become the new normal
I could see selling Uber after this virus because like he says the fundamentals have changed. They clearly aren't in the same position they were in a 5 or so months ago and it's questionable if they'll get back there any time soon. I like the attempt to but Grubhub and consolidate then focus on ride sharing and Eats. I don't believe Tesla has automated taxis in 3 years. The logistics of that are a nightmare. For example if an automated Tesla taxi kills someone how does that play out. What's the programming logic of who the car decides to kill in a lose lose situation where the passenger and a bystander are at odds and it's one life for the other?

Jermey was talking that Tesla self driving taxi stuff when Uber IPO'd and said Tesla would crush Uber. Suddenly later he flips on that and is buying Uber. I'm not surprised he sold. He also needs sensationalist content to spark controversy and get a buzz around his videos. He can't just keep churning out Tesla videos. Out of all the stocks he owned Uber was the most controversial that was the easiest to sell.

My big concern about Uber is they get legislated out of existence by forcing their contractor drivers to be actual employees. Either that or when they inevitably try to merge with Lyft Sirius XM style it causes too many problems.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Even if Tesla becomes the Walmart of Auto taxis Uber can still be the Walgreens

either way Uber ain’t going anywhere for awhile

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Even if Tesla becomes the Walmart of Auto taxis Uber can still be the Walgreens

either way Uber ain’t going anywhere for awhile
Uber is a sell when self driving Teslas become viable as taxis. Uber can't compete with that having real drivers. I always planned to exit Uber when I saw that was realistically viable soon. The only way Uber can compete there is to also have self driving taxis.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
I sold uber a couple weeks back as well.

After talking with my breh he gave me an idea of what companies to focus on. So far he's right.

Uber and lyft are pump and dump status to me.
could you drop that list breh?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
portfolio52220.jpg

Update: sold 5 shares of MCD and opened a position in WBA. Bought 6 more shares of RTX, sold 5 shares of VZ and bought 10 of T. Added a few shares of DIS. Closed the position in CCL and put those funds into BND. Sold both BAC and RVLV and bought JPM with the proceeds and sold 29 shares of F.

Considering dumping F if it gets back to cost basis. Might dump CARR if they don't do a dividend, might not. Want more JNJ but it costs far more than my cost basis. Not really adding any new money into stocks at the moment till things play out more. I have BND and SHV to sell to add to positions.

Also on the list of things I'm considering but don't want to do thinking about taking all profits on Apple. I'd have to sell 10 shares but if I did that's my entire initial investment back and the rest is just playing with profits. If I buy a house I might have to sell some stocks to boost my down payment.

Last edited: