Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
How do you define your risk before entering a position?

Well I look at the share price, P/E ratio, as well as the likelyhood that a company will go bankrupt and invest accordingly. NOK, AMD, ZNGA, and ALU are all currently priced as if they will be going out of business next week, but given the current climate of their various business i think they all have a legitimate chance to survive out of their current trying situations.

NOK is currently the leading Windows Phone manufacturer and unless Windows phone goes completely into the bushes (unlikey) i belive there is a chance this stock can hit 5-6 dollars this year

AMD is currently priced as if its going bankrupt tmw, but AMD has already secured its graphics chips into ALL the next gen consoles. Furthermore they are the second leading producer of CPU and GPU chips. That alone will ensure they will be in business for at least the next 5 years, as well as the chance that they will likely be profitable. AMD was 5 bucks last year and they currently expect to be profitable by Q2-Q3. I expect some nice returns with this stock by the end of the year.

ZNGA is likely my biggest question mark, but the price is too low for me to ignore. They currently are working to seperate themselves from Facebook and are actively looking into online gambling with real money. This is my smallest holding (4k) but i anticipate they will likely grow as their real money online gambling starts to take off.

ALU is a dirt cheap stock that i don't anticipate will grow for the next 5 years. ALU is currently priced as if they are going bankrupt as well, but thier patent portfolio alone is worth 1.40 a share. Secondly, they have already secured numerous contracts with various cell phone providers in Europe, India, and S. America so i anticipate they will be on the road to recovery soon. Furthermore, the French government has already stated they will take over the company before they allow it to go bankrupt due to the fact that ALU's patent portfolio is so valuable. The main issue with this company is that its based in France, so their business practices are not entire ideal for shareholders.

I'm a high risk high reward value investor. I hit big last year with DDD, NOK, and NFLX. I'm hoping the aformentioned picks will allow me to have and awesome christmas.:ahh:

P.S. I'm currently looking at QCOM next. They just missed earnings this past quarter and had a massive selloff in response, but i anticipate them having a blowout q4 and q1 next year due to their chips being all up in all the upcoming smartphones.

Feel free to dap a nikka accordingly.. :jawalrus:

P

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Last edited by a moderator:

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
@Hiphoplives4eva

Nice. I've been in and out of BYD & CZR several times since February to get exposure in gaming. ZNGA launched their UK platforms not too long ago, so I would do some DD to see what the feedback is like. Chart-wise ZNGA hasn't filled the gap from July, support near $2.75 and resistance near $4.

I'm a risk taker too. Ive bet on the vix. I hate zynga though, unless its a short.
Anyways googleme are you a trader?

Edit: damn @Hiphoplives4eva you're right in everything you said. :ohhh:

I'm a college student first and wannabe trader/value investor second. I'll make it eventually. Do you work for Halliburton?

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
@Hiphoplives4eva

ZNGA partnered with a game developer to release a Game of Thrones game. Also GLUU releases their #s today. These two seem to run together

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
@Hiphoplives4eva

ZNGA partnered with a game developer to release a Game of Thrones game. Also GLUU releases their #s today. These two seem to run together

Yup. That is a great development. I hope you've been following those stocks I mentioned in this thread. I've made a pretty penny over the past week, especially in AMD and DDD. :yes:

Spin

All Star
Daps
Has anyone ever invested in municipal bonds? is it even worth it?

There is the muni etf MUB. It's currently paying 2.79% dividend. If you have a ton of money it might make sense to be in a Muni. If you're trying to grow your money though, you won't really make much.

There is a preferred shares financial ETF PGF that pays 6.18%. It consist of preferred shares of financial companies.

Spin

All Star
Daps
FB reported earnings after the close. Barely moved after weak day.

AAPL held in strong considering the market today.