Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
I always thought Ackman was right but Icahn just knew how to hide the bullshyt better and sell a polished product to the public.

Agree. Also, Herbalife is better at concealing their sales practices. Unlike blatant MLMs/PS's like ACN. Herbalife is the company, brand, and product. Most blatant PS's sell third-party products. They know what they're doing.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Agree. Also, Herbalife is better at concealing their sales practices. Unlike blatant MLMs/PS's like ACN. Herbalife is the company, brand, and product. Most blatant PS's sell third-party products. They know what they're doing.

Especially with the Venezuela fiasco. I don't know too much about it but I remember thinking it was a huge accounting scam when I read about it last year.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Today was brutal. All these Chinese stocks I monitor were victimized. Several dollars down for WBAI, QUNR, WUBA, CTRIP, and BIDU down $10.

:ohhh:

I put in a limit order for Santander Consumer IPO for $24. Opened instead at $25.75 and ran up to mid 26s, but fell below open. Sort of glad I missed out. Thought it would pop more, although could be a good play.

My EP Energy stock finished above where it closed yesterday, so I'll take that as a victory in today's shyt market. Still down $1200.

:yeshrug:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Today was brutal. All these Chinese stocks I monitor were victimized. Several dollars down for WBAI, QUNR, WUBA, CTRIP, and BIDU down $10.

:ohhh:

I put in a limit order for Santander Consumer IPO for $24. Opened instead at $25.75 and ran up to mid 26s, but fell below open. Sort of glad I missed out. Thought it would pop more, although could be a good play.

My EP Energy stock finished above where it closed yesterday, so I'll take that as a victory in today's shyt market. Still down $1200.

:yeshrug:

santander is definitely being aggressive in the US. They bought out Sovereign and they're trying to loan hard in the area I'm in. They're doing loans at prime rate minus 100 basis points and lines of credit 3 months no interest.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@7oclock What do you think of ARNA leaps? I'm looking at the $10 call for Jan 2016 @ $1.90. I think this year they prove themselves and the following year they skyrocket.

can't call it, I've seen VVUS jump and drop...ARNA has been ranged bound for a while, I haven't studied the data to see if they are expecting increase in sales or if a buyout is coming. I don't think with the efficacy they have that it would reach $10 bucks unless something happened to VVUS or they are able to fast track any of their other drugs.

By the way a quick look at their BS lets me know they are burning cash and will probably need another public offering to support expanding anymore products/R&D. With a near 30% short position in the stock, I would be hesitant to jump in long-term unless you are doing covered calls.

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You should separate investments where looking at financials are needed, versus momentum plays, versus investing in biopharms. I will tell you these are all different situations. You won't find too many biopharms in the black and typically these will be the ones that will easily give you 100%+ gains in a weeks time. You're going to make the most money on speculative plays (I know you know this already but just reiterating to the rest of the posters) high risk, high reward.

I won't disclose my entire portfolio but I am in BBRY, DANG, MM, WAVE, these all make money but I focus most of efforts on momentum plays, sometimes earnings, and biopharms. I leave the profit generating large caps to my mutual fund managers. To me the time and effort reading BS and IS on large cap stocks versus paying a % to have a manager do it is not beneficial for me.

and you can easily see what the prices were when I posted those stocks above and what happened over the course of the 2 weeks.

QTWW, ARIA, GALE, OPK, SZYM - you're welcome.

BBRY and ARIA this week :ehh:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Took a hit on AMD yesterday and sold half my position, However M$ appears to be saving the day in afterhours. SBUX may be a buy to as they missed earnings and is taking a beating in after hours as well. May be time to buy SBUX tmw