Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
I bought calls for 5 June At the money. Another one that's already moving up is $HYG. shyt is already moving though so premiums are expensive. Anyone who bought HYG calls is already up 40 percent today :mjtf:.
:feedme:
Breh, please explain this to me. I'm tired of losing money with options. I watch youtube vids all day and still fukking up. I'm new like you but ain't getting this shyt.

You bought a call at the money for June 5. So if it goes up you make money right? How much does it have to go up exactly to make money if you already at the money and by what date? I'll PM if necessary

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
[
Breh, please explain this to me. I'm tired of losing money with options. I watch youtube vids all day and still fukking up. I'm new like you but ain't getting this shyt.

You bought a call at the money for June 5. So if it goes up you make money right? How much does it have to go up exactly to make money if you already at the money and by what date? I'll PM if necessary
You're probably losing money because you're buying expansive premiums due to increase in IV. If you have TD Ameritrade (or any other broker other than Robinhood) you can see the implied volatility of a stock. You want to buy an option with low IV so that once the stock actually moves IV goes up and you make money. Low IV is about 30% and below. Depends on the stock though (for example Tesla always has high IV because it moves so much). Also before you buy a stock buy the lower price (bid) and make ur way up, don't do market orders because then you will get over charged.

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps

As long as you end up ITM at the time of expiration you will make money. Now if you bought a stock out of the money you can still make money if it gaps up or down (if it goes up or down at an increasing rate). I bought that call at the money because I want the Gamma and Delta of the option to increase my premium so I can flip it.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps

Options profit calculator

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
Brehs... if this shyt is real..

that means this shyt is rigged!! Invest in GSK we gonna get paid!!

this sound like the V for Vendetta movie!