Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
TVIX can be a good play here, lots of volatility in the market. I'm going to start with 10 shares.

good buy. VIX looks like it wants to start running up. that leg down in the market might come sooner than later because of the oil crash

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Y’all think I should sell out off my Exxon mobile? I’m down 300 since March and fukk with some oil tankers or xspa:patrice:
I'm keeping my Exxon long term. It's a very small position @ 20 shares but my average price is $65.00. I bought last summer.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
i literally just read about that
im learning as the day goes on

what about buying CALLS instead?
if u buy an option, u wouldnt have to worry about fees right?

i bought a Jan call when USO hit $5 thinking there’s no way it goes lower. It did lol. Option is worthless atm. I think it does turn around but the way USO moves I should have read more into it

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
i just be tripping off ya saying ya made like 400 in a day and ya eating. I’m in it for the long run but I go into my account and see myself on red lol.. My biggest gain has been off amc. Lol... who would have thought? Lol... I know it’s part of the game but constantly looking will make you rethink certain moves. Lol... and most of mines is long term safe bets (Disney, Uber, appl) I dabbled on amc and akts.
You ain’t gonna get an easy lick you need to be patient

try with little amount and test out things don’t go all on on anything yet

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You ain’t gonna get an easy lick you need to be patient

try with little amount and test out things don’t go all on on anything yet

Not that I would do this necessarily but if someone invested in MGM, CCL, Norweigan, AAL, etc. and just threw money at each, that's where you are likely to see some doubles... it might take a year or two tho and it could be frustrating.

If one fails maybe the other 4-5 hit.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
i bought a Jan call when USO hit $5 thinking there’s no way it goes lower. It did lol. Option is worthless atm. I think it does turn around but the way USO moves I should have read more into it
Go look at XLE
I mean you'll just have to worry about decay and premium then...and like we were just talking about, is this etf going to perform like it should? or will returns be eaten up by these huge carrying costs buying futures?

I dont think etfs like this are meant to be long term investments. Theyre usually for experienced professionals to make short term swing trades.

I understand your main thesis here: oil cant possibly go lower so this is a good time to buy. But i would read the prospectus (i know it can be pretty boring stuff) for something like USO before i committed a big amount of money towards it..

Personally, I'd stay away.
i may go with XLE. They follow companies. Thoughts? a lot of these etfs u cant hold long term, im not used to that..