Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
it also says “125” people tested with this drug. Is that a big enough sample size?

:mjtf::what:

I hope media and people aren’t over reacting

yeah it's 125 successful tests on moderate/severe symptoms out of a couple thousand patients. ppl are desperate for good news right now. this smells like buy the rumor sell the news. i'm still short term bullish but long term bearish. i think May/Q2 earnings is gonna really expose the weak companies and we'll have a decline again.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think its gonna be big green all day

I think you're probably right but sometimes the numbers get inflated overnight and the sell offs happen almost immediately around 10-11am. :manny:

You don't get caught holding the bag necessarily but my job is to maximize my profits. I hate day trading in all honesty but it's been the best way to make money in this market. I only have about 4-5 stocks that I'm holding long term.

edit: I think we could get to +1600 or something but then it settles around +700 what you think?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yeah but like 17 governors basically said fukk what he's talking bout we're gonna listen to the scientists. They include NY and Cali so that's a great chunk of our economy.

Trump's words matter until they don't. That's been the pattern this whole month lol. People buy into his bullshyt and then hit the :hubie:

It's funny as shyt. Plus, a couple times the Fed came in and knocked over some buildings.

I think the thing is there's a real FOMO (I hate that word by the way) vs. longtime investor thing going on so everyone is trying to time the market like THIS is the time that it's over... THIS is the bottom or THIS is the recovery. A lot of people will get caught holding the bag in all this.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Brehs who are new to this.. I only use TD but on TD if you wanna get in on the after market 4pm-8pm where some wild shyt happens you gotta buy a limit order and it'll get filled if you set it high/low enough, I don't know the other layouts...

So for instance this news came out after 4pm but we still had time to buy some shyt in the night to have it ready to go when 9:30 hits.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
curious to see how this news will affect the market tomorrow.

Gilead Pours Cold Water On Report That Sent Market Soaring: "Anecdotal Reports With No Statistical Power"

about three hours after the news broke conveniently providing one or more hedge funds ample opportunity to offload their position in the thin after hours market, Gilead issued a statement which suggested that STAT was pumping the stock based on nothing more than "anecdotal reports" to wit:

"We understand the urgent need for a Covid-19 treatment and the resulting interest in data on our investigational antiviral drug remdesivir. The totality of the data need to be analysed in order to draw any conclusions from the trial."

"Anecdotal reports, while encouraging, do not provide the statistical power necessary to determine the safety and efficacy profile of remdesivir as a treatment for Covid-19. We expect the data from our Phase 3 study in patients with severe Covid-19 infection to be available at the end of this month, and additional data from other studies to become available in May."