Bodega owners ask NYC for help as grocery delivery apps expand in Five Boroughs... UPDATE 7/17/22

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Black owned mom and pop stores, and Carribean markets in the neighborhood are doing just fine. That’s my concern- unless you’re invested or have family working at a bodega - Not sure what your point is and why you keep repeating yourself. It’s not the same equivalencies. If business owners have a specialized niche offering then they can acclimate to the circumstances. Bodega owners taking advantage of food deserts for their own personal financial gain is not that.
Six Black-Owned Businesses in Queens — Queens Best

Spend a Weekend Exploring Black-Owned Jamaica

Spend a Weekend Exploring Black-Owned Harlem
Assuming the effect would be felt across all small businesses. The news is highlighting small black business closures due to Covid

:yeshrug:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Assuming the effect would be felt across all small businesses. The news is highlighting small black business closures due to Covid

:yeshrug:
You’re annoying as fuk right now. What the fuk do you want? What’s your aim by continuing to comment? Log off and have this discussion with your Asian wife. Like you give a shyt about black communities, a poster with an Indian username who married Asian.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You’re annoying as fuk right now. What the fuk do you want? What’s your aim by continuing to comment? Log off and have this discussion with your Asian wife. Like you give a shyt about black communities, a poster with an Indian username who married Asian.
:mjlol:
Ok you're insane. Just keep it nasty with me or talk when you've taken your meds if you don't mind. I can't be hopping in and out of your mood swings ya damn nut.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Adapt to survive or close up shop. That’s how it usually works especially since there will always be threats to your business and livelihood:yeshrug:

you are not entitled to have a successful business, even if that model previously worked.

it's all good until you are in a bind.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Whatchu talking about here?

These particular Mom and Pop be hiring their sons/daughters/cousins/siblings.

Nothing will be lost outside of some overpriced kool-aid
200.gif

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Mom and pop means small businesses. If it's effecting them you know it's effecting us.

Iss coo. Let's all work for Amazon Eats.
Honestly...I had about 6 of them on my old block before I moved....and id trade them all in for one good 7-11 :yeshrug:..."mom and pop" small businesses are overrated imo

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Honestly...I had about 6 of them on my old block before I moved....and id trade them all in for one good 7-11 :yeshrug:..."mom and pop" small businesses are overrated imo
It's a new day. Cities gradually going full corp.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:mjlol:
Ok you're insane. Just keep it nasty with me or talk when you've taken your meds if you don't mind. I can't be hopping in and out of your mood swings ya damn nut.
Just shut up. It’s not a mood - it’s an attitude- I’ve lost patience with your dumbass responses. You probably never even lived where there’s a bodega, and you’re not from New York, again, why are you here.

Every comment of yours in this thread is *something something corporation, covid, mom and pop. You literally have contributed nothing except typing like a bot to talk. repeated yourself no less than 5x in this thread, everyone else had something substantive to say, this is you, you said 5x what only took one comment. You said nothing new each time:
:laff:
It’s like you have “mom and pop” programmed in your reply.
  1. Post
    Bodega owners ask NYC for help as grocery delivery apps expand in Five Boroughs
    I'm speaking more to the overall effect of covid life and the wages people are asking for. How it basically drives the little guys out the game...
    Post by: Mowgli, Today at 1:06 PMin forum: The Locker Room

2. Post
    Well that's probably the future. Megacorps taking over small businesses
    Post by: Mowgli, Today at 11:03 AM in forum: The Locker Room

3. Post
    Mom and pop means small businesses. If it's effecting them you know it's effecting us. Iss coo. Let's all work for Amazon Eats.
    Post by: Mowgli, Today at 10:38 AM in forum: The Locker Room

4. Post
    Goodbye mom n pop. We want to make sure everyone is making $15 an hour so let's shop with billionaires
    Post by: Mowgli, Today at 10:20 AM in forum: The Locker Room

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Just shut up. It’s not a mood - it’s an attitude- I’ve lost patience with your dumbass responses. You probably never even lived where there’s a bodega, and you’re not from New York, again, why are you here.

Every comment of yours in this thread is *something something corporation, covid, mom and pop. You literally have contributed nothing except typing like a bot to talk. repeated yourself no less than 5x in this thread, everyone else had something substantive to say, this is you, you said 5x what only took one comment. You said nothing new each time:
:laff:
It’s like you have “mom and pop” programmed in your reply.
  1. Post
    I'm speaking more to the overall effect of covid life and the wages people are asking for. How it basically drives the little guys out the game...
    Post by: Mowgli, Today at 1:06 PMin forum: The Locker Room

2. Post
    Well that's probably the future. Megacorps taking over small businesses
    Post by: Mowgli, Today at 11:03 AM in forum: The Locker Room

3. Post
    Mom and pop means small businesses. If it's effecting them you know it's effecting us. Iss coo. Let's all work for Amazon Eats.
    Post by: Mowgli, Today at 10:38 AM in forum: The Locker Room

4. Post
    Goodbye mom n pop. We want to make sure everyone is making $15 an hour so let's shop with billionaires
    Post by: Mowgli, Today at 10:20 AM in forum: The Locker Room

I'm repeating myself because it's on topic.

I'm gonna need you to tone down all the extras. It's ever so slightly annoying me and im not interested in playing the coli dozens with a female.

Economic cause and effect doesnt require you to live in the city you're talking about. When workers want more wages and people are in the house there will be business closures. Thank you for pointing out the black businesses that are still open as a result of the current culture. fukk them bodegas.

What I'm saying, is that many have closed and the trend seems to be continuing so I can't be to happy at the trends effecting one group when I know it's burning black people.

Now don't ever disrespect me with one of your replies again.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm repeating myself because it's on topic.

I'm gonna need you to tone down all the extras. It's ever so slightly annoying me and im not interested in playing the coli dozens with a female.

Economic cause and effect doesnt require you to live in the city you're talking about. When workers want more wages and people are in the house there will be business closures. Thank you for pointing out the black businesses that are still open.

What I'm saying, is that many have closed and the trend seems to be continuing.

Now don't ever disrespect me with one of your replies again.
No you’re repeating yourself because you don’t have shyt to really talk about and you need to feel like the smart dumb dude that you really are.
jessica-pearson-i-dont-care.gif

https://youtu.be/jT9XqVBy0gY
No further reply necessary but I will use this as an opportunity to post a hot song and curb your annoying retorts.

EveryFinishedGemsbuck-max-1mb.gif