Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
im overall a little disappointed in the last season only because it feels rushed, but this show will go down as one of my favorites and i will be rewatching it a few more times like i did the wire.
Love the show but this isn't one I can rewatch...

Way too many wack Margaret filler episodes...

Last edited:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is criminally disrespectful. There were an infinite number of opportunities for him to fail (be it through jail, death, or being outsmarted/outb positioned by the next gangster), yet he didn't, and died an old, free man :wow:

Plus, you have to remember they were wtiting the blueprint, not reading it....exploring new avenues of getting paid. Dude bought a fukking off shore bank, breh, he was clearly thinking on a whole other level.

He also died broke. I guess my main point is, I think we can attribute a lot of the myth of Meyer Lansky to pretty ugly pre 1970 stereotypes about Jews. The whole hot-headed Italian mobster being tempered by the advice and financial wizardry of the Jew behind the scenes just seems to fit a little too well into American notions about Jews and Italians, no?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Love the show but this isn't one I can't rewatch...

Way too many wack Margaret filler episodes...

good point but to me the jimmy, lucky, chalky, capone, AR, and harrow stuff make it worth it.

it is tough to sit through her and giliian's scenes tho.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
I'm late but

Holdtite Mieczysław Kuzik aka Mieczsyław "Mickey" Doyle

f4c8659d_30w4ld5.gif

Holdtite Arquimedes aka Archie

f4c8659d_30w4ld5.gif

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Honestly brehs...this show has created a new rewatch system for me...

For shows like Boardwalk Empire, if you rewatch the show from the perspective of how everyone's decision's affects that character, each rewatch is different sinc eyou will see different nuances related to the butterfly effect for that character.

This will be the GOAT rewatch show...

Example...

When rewatching from the perspective of "Chalky's Universe" just think about how important of a moment it was when Narcisse was able to show his teeth to Nucky & appear in an advantageous position in Atlantic City. Had Narcisse failed to convey that, Nucky would have had Chalky paid to kill him & Chalky's family would be allive today... :wow:

What if Dunn Purnsley not got involved with that white girl :damn: WHAT IF?!?! Narcisse wouldn't have had something over Chalky...

During the show rewatch...shyt will be GOAT.

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
That's true, he is regarded like that, but doesn't a lot of it have to due with circumstance? He basically just wasn't a maniac and was Luciano's best friend.
Who had more power between him and Luciano? He was Luciano's brains. Luciano was Italian so he had that backing of the mafia but Lansky was the brains of the outfit, Luciano was the brawn.
This is criminally disrespectful. There were an infinite number of opportunities for him to fail (be it through jail, death, or being outsmarted/outb positioned by the next gangster), yet he didn't, and died an old, free man :wow:

Plus, you have to remember they were wtiting the blueprint, not reading it....exploring new avenues of getting paid. Dude bought a fukking off shore bank, breh, he was clearly thinking on a whole other level.

Daps
He also died broke. I guess my main point is, I think we can attribute a lot of the myth of Meyer Lansky to pretty ugly pre 1970 stereotypes about Jews. The whole hot-headed Italian mobster being tempered by the advice and financial wizardry of the Jew behind the scenes just seems to fit a little too well into American notions about Jews and Italians, no?

Fair angle. :ehh:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
If you pay attention to how much each mobster was talked about, you'd swear Capone was in charge. But the reality is Lucky was essentially king after he started the Commission. The way he hoed out Nucky :ohlawd: :damn: He could've been the boss of ALL bosses but, he started the Commission which gave everybody a vote but, nikkas still had to answer to him, even Capone.

Luciano didn't like any of that old world Italian shyt and wanted to get rid of the ranks and titles. Meyer told him to keep them though so the young gangsters would have something to work for.

I also find it funny that Luciano held the first Commission meeting in Chicago. Probably to personally let Capone know who really running shyt.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Luciano didn't like any of that old world Italian shyt and wanted to get rid of the ranks and titles. Meyer told him to keep them though so the young gangsters would have something to work for.

I also find it funny that Luciano held the first Commission meeting in Chicago. Probably to personally let Capone know who really running shyt.

Shyt, I thought Capone was really running shyt. Boardwalk Empire and the old Mobsters movie show otherwise. If you control New York, you control it all. And Lucky controlling New York now. I guess he let Capone have all the celebrity theatrics but, in reality, he was the real boss because Chicago could have never fought the 5 families.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Shyt, I thought Capone was really running shyt. Boardwalk Empire and the old Mobsters movie show otherwise. If you control New York, you control it all. And Lucky controlling New York now. I guess he let Capone have all the celebrity theatrics but, in reality, he was the real boss because Chicago could have never fought the 5 families.

There were dudes just as powerful if not more than Al during his heyday. Difference is, Al was an attention whore who loved the fame and publicity that came with being a gangster where other dudes kept it low key. It made him the most popular mobster ever but it caused his demise

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
Looking at the preview for next week, I think Lucky put a hit on Capone and not Nucky. Also I think we may get the true story of how Nuckys father sold his daughter to the commodore and that's why he hated him so much. That story of him wanting to buy his land didn't make sense. I think that's why his sister died because she got violated so much.