Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
For all the brehs saying they should do a Capone spinoff, it wouldn't make sense Al is at the end of his run. The 7 years they skipped was his prime.

they could set the spnioff during those 7 years tho.
but that would never happen.

Production-wise, they could re use the sets from this show to save money and get a bigger return from the initial outlay to produce them.
Man, if HBO did this, that series would be
16803.jpg

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not if Nucky will get gun up and clap quick, it's when. And, who will be his assassin:leostare:

...hopefully, it'll be Young Tommy:demonic:

Daps
yea it is....and I'm wondering why they are forcing the writers to end it now...is it the budget? it can't be the viewership...ppl love this show....shyt is retarded....got the writers trying to condense multiple seasons into one...rushing shyt....smh...

show could go 8 seasons....

I'm guessing it's the lack of rewards. HBO seems like they value awards more than anything.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just rewatched season 1 and it made me appreciate what they are doing with this season a lot more. From the beginning, this show was about Nucky and AC occupying a precarious place between New York and Chicago. Nucky gained power in AC by doing something reprehensible and this put him at odds with his future heir. Without Jimmy, Nucky has no one to takeover AC after he is gone. No legacy. This makes him a soft target for Meyer and Lucky.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I just rewatched season 1 and it made me appreciate what they are doing with this season a lot more. From the beginning, this show was about Nucky and AC occupying a precarious place between New York and Chicago. Nucky gained power in AC by doing something reprehensible and this put him at odds with his future heir. Without Jimmy, Nucky has no one to takeover AC after he is gone. No legacy. This makes him a soft target for Meyer and Lucky.

im up to episode 4 on season 1. it really does make u appreciate the show more to rewatch the start.

capone dissing jimmy when jimmy called to ask for money :mjlol:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the final episode there is a scene where Nucky and Torrio and AR meet. They all have their young buck with them. Difference is Nucky had to go and pimp Jimmy's mom and eventually kill Jimmy because of it. Come season 5 Nucky has no Jimmy to either work with, scare or war with the other young bucks.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
In the final episode there is a scene where Nucky and Torrio and AR meet. They all have their young buck with them. Difference is Nucky had to go and pimp Jimmy's mom and eventually kill Jimmy because of it. Come season 5 Nucky has no Jimmy to either work with, scare or war with the other young bucks.

he shoulda gave jimmy a bigger role when he came back from the war instead of trying to make him that sap's assistant :to:. jimmy had to make more money nuck :mjcry:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he shoulda gave jimmy a bigger role when he came back from the war instead of trying to make him that sap's assistant :to:. jimmy had to make more money nuck :mjcry:

I hate that smug little cocksucker. He deserved to get Jimmy's blade.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Nucky thinks he's a boss
He aint
Thats the only thing about this season Im feeling
Muthafukkas finally puttin this bytch in his place

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
yea it is....and I'm wondering why they are forcing the writers to end it now...is it the budget? it can't be the viewership...ppl love this show....shyt is retarded....got the writers trying to condense multiple seasons into one...rushing shyt....smh...

show could go 8 seasons....

Terrence Winter has a new show for HBO that he wants to put all his energy on. Has the guy that played Gyp Rosetti as the lead.

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
Nucky thinks he's a boss
He aint
Thats the only thing about this season Im feeling
Muthafukkas finally puttin this bytch in his place
Are you for real ?? Nucky is a boss and threat to everyone because he can still do business with legit people , he has guns in Jersey and Florida and has cash all over to buy more guns if needed. Lansky and Lucky respect him so did Manzano, Capone called him out respect to warn him that he had problems coming . Those guys know how Nucky handled Gyp and not only won that war but came out even bigger. They know how he screwed AR with that brewery , he took his money and gave him a place to got knocked right away. If u don't like the character Nucky fine but don't say he his a boss. He is on their level for sure.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I think nucky intended to groom Yimmy to be a political boss not a crime boss. That's why he wanted him to start off under Patty Ryan.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
At what point was ethan thompson sheriff? Cuz they kept calling him a fisherman first few episodes. Prior to the flashbacks i guess?
Ethan was never sheriff.The real life Nucky's father was tho, he also pretty much ran AC, but for some reason the show made Nucky T's family poor pinies

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Are you for real ?? Nucky is a boss and threat to everyone because he can still do business with legit people , he has guns in Jersey and Florida and has cash all over to buy more guns if needed. Lansky and Lucky respect him so did Manzano, Capone called him out respect to warn him that he had problems coming . Those guys know how Nucky handled Gyp and not only won that war but came out even bigger. They know how he screwed AR with that brewery , he took his money and gave him a place to got knocked right away. If u don't like the character Nucky fine but don't say he his a boss. He is on their level for sure.
He aint no boss
Dont no one respect that muthafukka