Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
how do you its the first scene?

thats good enough for me though if its true.
i was worried they leave off camera.
its a guess bro.lol im hoping we see AR. hopefully most tfh season has some flashback scenes. they need to touch on the GAWD JIMMY D one more time. this show is a classic example of missed opportunity if they finish it wrong

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its a guess bro.lol im hoping we see AR. hopefully most tfh season has some flashback scenes. they need to touch on the GAWD JIMMY D one more time. this show is a classic example of missed opportunity if they finish it wrong

Honestly, they messed it up when they killed Jimmy. The right story would have been Nucky mentoring Jimmy in the crime/politics game but eventually betraying him at the end of the series by selling him out to Meyer and Lucky for whatever reason. Nucky would be making a conscious decision to choose the world of organized crime over the world of political graft and corruption. In doing so he kills his "son" and heir, changes the course of crime in the United States and eventually becomes a man that history forgets. His greed destroys his own legacy.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Honestly, they messed it up when they killed Jimmy. The right story would have been Nucky mentoring Jimmy in the crime/politics game but eventually betraying him at the end of the series by selling him out to Meyer and Lucky for whatever reason. Nucky would be making a conscious decision to choose the world of organized crime over the world of political graft and corruption. In doing so he kills his "son" and heir, changes the course of crime in the United States and eventually becomes a man that history forgets.
actually the jimmy arc made sense to me.
people just didn't like it because he was most interesting character to follow.
But if you were to look at BE as a two season only show. you would say that it was
executed perfectly. Problem was the show continued and people didn't know who
to root for in the third season onwards.

They finally made chalky that guy in the last season.
but they shoulda focused on him earlier to fill that jimmy void (No homo)
Chalky has the same dynamics as Jimmy just from a different angle

both had family issues that caused friction, (jimmy wife was a lesbian/chalky's wife was upper class & educated)
both had to deal a serious issue that caused insecurities (Chalky with reading & racism, Jimmy with his PTS)
Both had dangerous right hand men, (Harrow and Purnsley)
Both had a strong relationship to Nucky
Both had dangerous rivals (jimmy had lucky, chalky had narcisse)
Both even had a signature weapon( Jimmy with that trench knife, chalky with the dual glocks)

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, they messed it up when they killed Jimmy. The right story would have been Nucky mentoring Jimmy in the crime/politics game but eventually betraying him at the end of the series by selling him out to Meyer and Lucky for whatever reason. Nucky would be making a conscious decision to choose the world of organized crime over the world of political graft and corruption. In doing so he kills his "son" and heir, changes the course of crime in the United States and eventually becomes a man that history forgets. His greed destroys his own legacy.

The writers killing Jimmy wasn't really a creative decision. They killed him because the actor who played Jimmy (Michael Pitt) was such an annoying piece of shyt they felt they had no choice but to kill him off to make things easier for his costars and the rest of the staff.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The writers killing Jimmy wasn't really a creative decision. They killed him because the actor who played Jimmy (Michael Pitt) was such an annoying piece of shyt they felt they had no choice but to kill him off to make things easier for his costars and the rest of the staff.
i forgot about that.
i heard he was bad around the time he got killed off.
Late all the time.
forgetting lines
He got in a fist fight with guy who played the character that kills jimmy's wife.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I've heard that about Michael Pitt. I still stand by my argument that the show would have been much better if they kept it about Nucky and Jimmy. Instead they kind of cut Jimmy's character into different pieces. The parts that antagonized nucky went to the Big Bad, the mentor stuff went to Eli's kid, the family conflict and trouble loving went to Eli and the partner in crime to Chalky. Show would have been a lot tighter if they had just kept it Jimmy and Nucky.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They made a mistake killing Jimmy. Jimmy was the perfect link to all the supporting characters. I wish Michael Pitt never got into it with the producers. I'm sure deep down Terrance Winter wishes he didn't have to kill Jimmy.

:to:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

Wasn't Lucy written out for the same reason?

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerdist-writers-panel-150-terence-winter/

Recent interview with Terence Williams. He mostly talked about his come up (he used to write on Sister Sister and The PJs :heh:) and days on The Sopranos but briefly talked about new BE season. He said he knew this season would be last as they were nearing the end of last season. He also said they skipped to 1931 because that was the most important year of prohibition and the reason they skipped over all the stuff that happened in 1928-29 was because they wean't enough important things that happened those years that was worthy of an entire season