Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nucky needs to get Harrow on board.

a focussed Harrow, a repentant Eli, and a dedicated Owen Slater is a pretty decent goon squad.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nucky needs to get Harrow on board.

a focussed Harrow, a repentant Eli, and a dedicated Owen Slater is a pretty decent goon squad.

I still cant believe they killed the best character on the show, its just a mixture of :whoo: :wtf: :why:
horrible move by the show creators, if he was killed in the final season, or the penultimate season it wouldve been fine
they have no other character to make a story out of that will catch attention as much as Jimmy, his complexity is what made him so great

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After killing Jimmy it'll be near impossible to get Harrow on board. I wouldn't be surprised if they would have to murk him out by the end of the season.

I see where you are coming from, but I disagree for the following reasons.

1. Harrow's crush on Jimmy was seriously waning by the end of season 2. He was never really cool with Jimmy et al trying to have Nucky killed and he didn't like the way Jimmy treated Angela. He also probably feels Jimmy is responsible for Angela's death.

2. Harrow is lost, the guy just needs a home. All he craves is love and companionship but he's too damaged to develop those types of bonds naturally. The only way Harrow knows how forge bonds is being useful to people. The only thing Harrow is useful at is killing. If Nucky can offer him the respect and purpose he needs, he'll get on board.

I feel if Nucky serves up Manny to Harrow and so Harrow can get revenge for Angela, he'll be good.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I see where you are coming from, but I disagree for the following reasons.

1. Harrow's crush on Jimmy was seriously waning by the end of season 2. He was never really cool with Jimmy et al trying to have Nucky killed and he didn't like the way Jimmy treated Angela. He also probably feels Jimmy is responsible for Angela's death.

2. Harrow is lost, the guy just needs a home. All he craves is love and companionship but he's too damaged to develop those types of bonds naturally. The only way Harrow knows how forge bonds is being useful to people. The only thing Harrow is useful at is killing. If Nucky can offer him the respect and purpose he needs, he'll get on board.

I feel if Nucky serves up Manny to Harrow and so Harrow can get revenge for Angela, he'll be good.

Harrow needs a happy ending, (in more ways than one)
when he was about to commit that, my eyes started getting wattery
he cant go out like that b

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I still cant believe they killed the best character on the show, its just a mixture of :whoo: :wtf: :why:
horrible move by the show creators, if he was killed in the final season, or the penultimate season it wouldve been fine
they have no other character to make a story out of that will catch attention as much as Jimmy, his complexity is what made him so great

:huhldup:

By season 2 I was more into the show for Al Capone and the Luciano/Lansky come up, so I wasn't that upset that Jimmy died. He's also a somewhat fake character so if they kept him on the show writers could have probably cornered themselves. Now that I hear Capone and Lucky/Lansky are getting fleshed storyline out it's gonna be :whoo: for me.

Habit

Banned
Daps

By season 2 I was more into the show for Al Capone and the Luciano/Lansky come up, so I wasn't that upset that Jimmy died. He's also a somewhat fake character so if they kept him on the show writers could have probably cornered themselves. Now that I hear Capone and Lucky/Lansky are getting fleshed storyline out it's gonna be :whoo: for me.

They also introduced Bugsy Siegel, and we still haven't seen Murder, Inc. or Bugs Moran yet. Capone hasn't even come into his own yet, I think people fell in love with Jimmy and forgot this show is about gangstas. Its almost like these dudes want the show to be the Notebook or something.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
They also introduced Bugsy Siegel, and we still haven't seen Murder, Inc. or Bugs Moran yet. Capone hasn't even come into his own yet, I think people fell in love with Jimmy and forgot this show is about gangstas. Its almost like these dudes want the show to be the Notebook or something.

Since season one people had to expect Jimmy was going to die sooner or later. The 1st episode they kind of foreshadowed what was going to happen after Jimmy robbed Rothstein's men, and Nucky had a talk with him and Jimmy told Nucky "you can't be a halfway gangster". That's why Jimmy was killed, for the most part he was Nucky's muscle and when he switched sides on him Owen became his muscle. So in order for Nucky to step into full gangsta mode he had to off the one person that put in most of his work for him. Basically if Nucky's gonna be a gangster himself and has Owen watching his back now Jimmy's character becomes obselete.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
cant wait, but im a bit hesistant b/c i hate the shyt out of the new actor. i forget his name, Bobby something. that dude has been an instant scene killer in everything I've ever seen him in.

Habit

Banned
Daps
Since season one people had to expect Jimmy was going to die sooner or later. The 1st episode they kind of foreshadowed what was going to happen after Jimmy robbed Rothstein's men, and Nucky had a talk with him and Jimmy told Nucky "you can't be a halfway gangster". That's why Jimmy was killed, for the most part he was Nucky's muscle and when he switched sides on him Owen became his muscle. So in order for Nucky to step into full gangsta mode he had to off the one person that put in most of his work for him. Basically if Nucky's gonna be a gangster himself and has Owen watching his back now Jimmy's character becomes obselete.

I won't down play how big of a part Jimmy played in this show, but its almost like Avon only doing 2 seasons and the Wire was still able to have a great run and produce classic characters. Jimmy put this show on his back, but Capone and Luciano are holding their own, and Arnold Rothstein is golden.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

That's good to hear cause I was kinda frustrated that they killed Jimmy off :noah: