Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

Daps
If you watch the first episode of this season, you will see Gillian forged Jimmy's name on a check. She is keeping up that jimmy is away. I'm sure word got around that Jimmy is dead to the gangsters. I wonder what Nucky did with the body.

Yea, which is why I was caught a lil off guard when Lucky acted like he didn't know... but maybe he was just tryna spare Gillian :yeshrug:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Fools! The show is about the rise of Atlantic City, the life of nucky Thompson and so forth. Lansky, Capone, Lucky, those are secondary characters only included as famous people of period to give credence to Nucky. They won't have any more face time unless their actions directly effect Nucky. The show isn't about NYC and the rise of the National Crime Syndicate.

Anyways I like Gyp. The acting isn't so bad. He adds a flare to the show. margret is a bore, Nucky is having withdrawals from killing who for all intention was his only "son". Eli is pathetic. Atleast Chicago is about to pop off and with van Alden the show should show some important events. I really hope he doesn't get murked because he is down with O'banion. Capone wipes them out.

:sitdown:

nucky is the one that hosted the meeting that lead to the NCS in real life, so yea...im pretty sure we're going to see that in the later seasons

also...why bring joe masseria and luckys beef into the story if not for that

:sitdown: you goddamn bafoon

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I like Gyp. Cannavale is doing a great job. His persona reminds me a bit of Anton from No Country For Old Men. He's very insecure and sensitive, and without power he would probably kill himself

They killed off a lot of characters and the average acting is starting to show itself. Buscemi isnt convincing anymore, Margaret is just horrible, but we still have great roles like Van Alden, Mr Harrow and the gangsters

I think this will still be a good season if they move away from the whores and the church bullshyt

Habit

Banned
Daps
:sitdown:

nucky is the one that hosted the meeting that lead to the NCS in real life, so yea...im pretty sure we're going to see that in the later seasons

also...why bring joe masseria and luckys beef into the story if not for that

:sitdown: you goddamn bafoon

I don't think he is a bafoon, Gyp, Harrow, and Eli are gonna be a big part of this season.

This season gonna be about Nucky going from being a corrupt politician to moving product and how good of a job he does. You saw how he told Rothstein not to come back to Atlantic City, he turned down an invite to the White House, and probably would have disregarded Abe Lincoln. He's like Alonzo, he don't respect nothing. :myman:

They'll work these gangstas story into the show because they buy product from him, but I like how they keep the gangstas in the background. Also we get a look at the world Capone and Luciano came up in, people forget Capone and Luciano were kids in the 1800's. So a lot that gangsta shiit came up around this era, so they are learning just like Nucky. I like that dynamic.

People are used to shows on network TV that stays on one track and focuses on 1 or 2 plot points, those shows on network tv used to have to wrap up a story in one episode (like Knight Rider or New York Undercover). :bryan: But BE is following the higher level of writing the Sopranos and The Wire introduced to us. Just like The Wire tied the cops, politicians, and drug dealers into the story, Boardwalk is doing the same thing with Nucky, the Gangstas, and the politicians & FBI more in the background this season.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
I don't think he is a bafoon, Gyp, Harrow, and Eli are gonna be a big part of this season.

This season gonna be about Nucky going from being a corrupt politician to moving product and how good of a job he does. You saw how he told Rothstein not to come back to Atlantic City, he turned down an invite to the White House, and probably would have disregarded Abe Lincoln. He's like Alonzo, he don't respect nothing. :myman:

They'll work these gangstas story into the show because they buy product from him, but I like how they keep the gangstas in the background. Also we get a look at the world Capone and Luciano came up in, people forget Capone and Luciano were kids in the 1800's. So a lot that gangsta shiit came up around this era, so they are learning just like Nucky. I like that dynamic.

People are used to shows on network TV that stays on one track and focuses on 1 or 2 plot points, those shows on network tv used to have to wrap up a story in one episode (like Knight Rider or New York Undercover). :bryan: But BE is following the higher level of writing the Sopranos and The Wire introduced to us. Just like The Wire tied the cops, politicians, and drug dealers into the story, Boardwalk is doing the same thing with Nucky, the Gangstas, and the politicians & FBI more in the background this season.

:huhldup:

this show is set in the 1920's breh lol

i agree with most of the things you saying, it is going to tie him into everybody else and he is going to be the main focus of the show not capone lucky and lansky but i think eventually, we are going to see the rise of those 3 dudes.

i was just watching the last episode of season 2 yesterday on hbogo with the interactive features, and it showed terrance winter talking about van alden being in cicero and he says "a lot of people forget that by 1924, capone was big man in cicero and prohibition was running rampant, look forward to how van alden ties in into all that" im paraphrasing, but that should let us know the show IS going to dive in into the rise of the old school OG's

Habit

Banned
Daps
:huhldup:

this show is set in the 1920's breh lol

i agree with most of the things you saying, it is going to tie him into everybody else and he is going to be the main focus of the show not capone lucky and lansky but i think eventually, we are going to see the rise of those 3 dudes.

i was just watching the last episode of season 2 yesterday on hbogo with the interactive features, and it showed terrance winter talking about van alden being in cicero and he says "a lot of people forget that by 1924, capone was big man in cicero and prohibition was running rampant, look forward to how van alden ties in into all that" im paraphrasing, but that should let us know the show IS going to dive in into the rise of the old school OG's

Nucky was a teenager in the 1800's, Luciano was 3 years old, and Capone was 1 years old in the 1800s. A lot of people are expecting these guys to be über gangsters, but these are very peaceful times at this point. O'Banion insults Capone's son in the restaurant because insults and disrespect are handled a lot differently during that time.

We are about to see a dawn of a new day, but the focus will always be Nucky, even though his story is not very interesting. :sadcam: Even Eli is killing Nucky this season, Eli is dropping quotables every episode now. You already know Chalky, Van Alden, & Harrow surpassed Nucky years ago. But it shows you how interesting Atlantic city is on its own merits. Legendary gangsters is just the icing on the cake.

I still remember the first time Capone introduced himself to Jimmy. :deadrose:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gyp must have been picked on a lot as a child.

Nucky was so pathetic in his obsession with Billie. The only reason he can sleep at her place is because she doesn't know who he really is. I liked the way Margaret was handling him, saying the show must go on.

Lucky and Lansky treating Benny like he's their kid about to go to his first day of school

Richard proved he was a true soldier, accepting Jimmy's death like that. I was worried he was gonna be on a revenge mission on Nucky and everyone involved in the killing. :salute:

Daps
I wonder what they're gonna do with Richard, now. That whole scene felt like an ending to his arc, but then they made it a point in the premiere to show Gillian's whore show interest in him.... maybe he scoops her up and dips out :ld:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, which is why I was caught a lil off guard when Lucky acted like he didn't know... but maybe he was just tryna spare Gillian :yeshrug:

I thought lucky knew. That's why he goes stop with the screwy shyt when she brings up jimmy cause he knows he's gone .

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder what they're gonna do with Richard, now. That whole scene felt like an ending to his arc, but then they made it a point in the premiere to show Gillian's whore show interest in him.... maybe he scoops her up and dips out :ld:

Well terrence winter said something at the end of the season about Richard being a part of the show going forward . I mean gyp could team up Gillian she clearly wants to get at Nucky somehow endangering jimmy jr . Richard is the wildcard for this upcoming war

teacher

All Star
Daps

:what:

he told the broad "cut it with that screw ball shyt...i want to see a return on my investment.." after she said Jimmy will be back anyday shyt....

Daps
:what:

he told the broad "cut it with that screw ball shyt...igavet to see a return on my investment.." after she said Jimmy will be back anyday shyt....

so when he asked her about her other partner, and mentioned by Jimmy by name, what was that?

I have to re watch it, but I thought she asked him for money then he said he already her money why doesn't she get it from her other partner, Jimmy, and then she said he'll be back soon or some shyt then he said cut the excuses, I want to see a return.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so when he asked her about her other partner, and mentioned by Jimmy by name, what was that?

I have to re watch it, but I thought she asked him for money then he said he already her money why doesn't she get it from her other partner, Jimmy, and then she said he'll be back soon or some shyt then he said cut the excuses, I want to see a return.

Naw he knows Jimmy dead I looked at again .