Blue Eye Samurai (Netflix) | November 3, 2023 | Season 2 Announced!

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Is it really that good?

Folks keep screaming about 3D animation but it’s only getting better. I have no issues with it when used properly.

Brehs here not lying. I was gonna start Onimusha before this but the first two eps got me hooked. About to start ep.3 now.

You're right about 3D animation getting better tho. I stopped getting annoyed at seeing it ever since Kengan Ashura came out. The art style looked ugly but it was great for the action scenes. They had a very fluid grapple scene I don't think I've ever seen done in regular 2D anime.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Visually one of the best animated shows ever done...especially the fight choreography. More grounded, more visceral. Better than Onimusha, whose fight scenes are incredible but still tends more deeply toward fantasy.

Best dialog summary:

You wanted to preserve a beautiful heritage from a changing world to be, let be, in strict isolation. It might have lasted a handful of centuries. But you got greedy. You read our letter. Twenty years ago, my partners and me. And you said, "Yes."
What's the harm in a little trade? A small crack in the wall. All that vision, you couldn't see how little space a bullet needs. I couldn't discover a new world, so I'm gonna reveal one. My new shogun will break open your welded borders. Open Japan wide to the West. We'll flood your land with our people, our music, our shame, our bread and milk until you think an ugly face like mine more beautiful than your own.

Another thing of note:

That this is led by a cast/crew of "half-breeds" almost implicitly makes it part of that cultural invasion alluded to by Fowler's character. It will be interesting to see how Japanese people themselves receive this show and the concepts laid out in it.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Just started the second episode. shyt's fire so far. @MidniteJay We got another one, breh :wow:

I might could have to stan my nikka Ringo, da gawd. He a Starr:mjlit: Rae Sremmurd already penning Asian Beatles in his honor. Only right he's voiced by certified OG Hiro from Heroes:blessed:With my history of stanning, he won't make it to episode 3:francis::mjcry: