Blue Eye Samurai (Netflix) | November 3, 2023 | Season 2 Announced!

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I really hope an Asian person didn't come up with this plot.

1/2 white 1/2 Asian woman and her 100% white husband.

The concept was conceived 15 years ago, after the birth of Noizumi and co-creator Michael Green‘s daughter. She was born with blue eyes, prompting the half-Japanese Noizumi to wonder, “Why am I so excited that my daughter has blue eyes? What’s the big deal about that? And why am I so excited that I have a baby who looks more white?”

It sounds like (asian) self hate to me, but I don't want to look at their culture from a Black Experience lens.
Somehow it morphs into white hatred on screen, so it gets a pass?

I'm not touching it.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
This shyt got a cartoon cac dude getting fukked in the ass by a nose on an Asian mask!

:why:
👺👺👺
:mjlol:
There’s a show on Netflix that came out a few weeks ago called Warrior. Best fight scenes I’ve seen on TV.

They have a similar scene with a white man.
:russ:

I guess Asians showing it gives them a sense of get back for CACs messing up their shyt. The white devils perversions is wild. It’s shown so much it’s probably true.
:skip:
:dame:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This show is amazing, but damn these projects being so anti-men is nauseating when it's over the top :pachaha:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Late as fukk but I saved this show for way longer than I originally expected :pachaha:

This shyt was dope as fukk :banderas:

Not sure I wanna see Mizu having to learn about the western world and go away from killing mofos with katanas though :francis: though I also was skeptical about them spending so much time on Akemi and by ep.3 I was all in on her story so they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

I do wonder how/why she comes back Japan so Ringo makes her the sword she "deserves" with the metal she created in ep. 7. No way Master Eji lives long enough to see her return :mjcry:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Just finished this and I'll give it a 7/10. Animation and actions are cool to me but I just can't like a protagonist that is invicible like that. Feels like no threat is

On one part, I'm fine that the main character having hurdles but when they consist of getting badly stabbed, beaten to a pulp, bone crushed, choked to unconsciousness yet still easily prevailing. It's just garbage to me :manny:

Also too many cliches in the story.

However ep. 5 was elite. Still not sure if the housewife part was just a fantasy/dream but the whole episode itself was great storytelling.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Just finished Episode 1. Thought it was good. My only complaint is -

The "twist" about Mizu being female was pretty obvious from the beginning.

She doesn't even look like a dude, so it kind of strains credibility that other characters didn't notice.
They do that in alot of Asian film. All they really have to do is dress like a boy to get mistaken for a man.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It's essentially the plot of Mulan, which I think was based on a real story, so it's at least kinda plausible
It's plausible cause of the way they viewed things back then. Women just wasn't doing certain shyt. So they didn't really look deep into shyt or use discernment. U can even see shyt like this in certain Kung Fu movies.