Blue Eye Samurai (Netflix) | November 3, 2023 | Season 2 Announced!

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That nikka was lying

I don’t think he was. The white dude at the end said that wasn’t her real mother and she abandoned Mizu when the money and drugs stopped coming in. Which is the same thing that happened to her in that scenario. But it made no difference to her cause she abandoned him when she was in danger. She can never trust him again.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Quick question

Did they ever explain what her sword was made out of

Was it a Astroid a meteor?

She made it out of the rock that crash landed ?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
On ep 8, been watching this all day

It held my attention really well until these last few, it has some inconsistencies, it tows the line a lot between realism and fantasy and it's a bit odd. The score/soundtrack is absolutely terrible. And the way the story is told in some episodes while I respect it, is confusing and hard to follow.

That said, I enjoy a lot of the nuanced storytelling, particularly about women and how they have to navigate a man's world. The animation and artstyle is great, and it depicts feudal japan very well (although I have trouble telling certain characters apart :mjlol: ). And I think that the characters are good, although like someone else said the villain is way too over the top. This cac is on some Kingpin from marvel shyt and it's ridiculous

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Quick question

Did they ever explain what her sword was made out of

Was it a Astroid a meteor?

She made it out of the rock that crash landed ?
It was a meteor that crash landed that the swordsmith couldn't work with because he was too old.

I finally got around to finishing it and the thing that annoyed me was how guns were a big deal. Anyone who knows Japanese military history will tell you that they had cannons and guns already from trade with China. Japan been knowing about gunpowder so a white man coming in with rifles would have been met with the :unimpressed: reaction and told to go kick rocks unless he's bringing in some shyt that they don't already have or know about.

If the story took place later on, then it would've been the maxim gun and repeater rifle that would've made them interested. Those weapons are responsible for imperialism.

And it's with those type of guns that America was able to force their way into Japan. Anyone whos seen the last samurai would remember that scene where hundreds of samurai just all got mowed down. One of these guns had the killing power of several men armed with rifles.

You can see how long he was shooting that shyt for without having to reload. Without that gun, you don't get the British or French empires. And you sure as hell don't get them giving the asians that work. But this a show about a person who gets stabbed, slashed, and tanks hits that would cripple them and be fine the next day with some rest and herbs so I get that they don't give a shyt about historical accuracy.

Would've made the action scenes more exciting tho if there were tanegashima rifles and cannons clapping back and some good action scenes with guns being used. Like if Ringo had the right tools he could be an actual shooter and provide longe range support in fights instead of just kind of following around and stating the obvious.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just finished Episode 1. Thought it was good. My only complaint is -

The "twist" about Mizu being female was pretty obvious from the beginning.

She doesn't even look like a dude, so it kind of strains credibility that other characters didn't notice.