Blu & Exile - Miles (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn i didnt even know about this. im gonna give it a spin after work today. what kind of vibe is this on?

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Good album, definitely too long, production is really good, Blu is very solid but I am probably in the minority but lyrically there seems to be a lot of overrating going on, this lyrically doesn't come close to Below the Heavens, not as poetic. A lot of name dropping, some VERY basic bars, very basic, and breh keep talking about not eating meat, lol. With this style of hip hop ("backpack"), because it tends to be mix of nostalgia (at this point in time) and also counter mainstream, there can be a lot of overrating but make no mistakes, its a good album and the subject matter is very refreshing.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched the interview with Justin Hunte. Mentioned how Miguel and Blu used to be a group called Rhythm & Blu. Hi-Tek almost signed them back in the day, told Miguel that he'd replace Blu with Mos Def lol. Also implied there would be more music from Blu and Exile in the future, whether it be releasing some of the other songs that didn't make the album or a completely different project.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This is still my AOTY

Basically every track grew on me
holy shyt this is fire
I think we gotta start talking about Blu having one of the more underrated discographies of the past 10 years.

Below the Heavens
Good to Be Home
Gods in Spirit Titans in Flesh
Long Red Hot LA Summer Night
Miles

I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple. Also I love that each of those are produced by one producer.

@GetSomeMoney is right when he says it's too long, but Blu doesn't drop frequently, so I'd rather a long album that I can listen to in different sittings than an album that's too short.