Blu & Exile - Miles (Discussion Thread)

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
For any Blu heads out here...

There's a song of his where he raps over a Beatles sample. Title went like LuvMeDo.... Been going crazy trying to find it. Any one knows this song?

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gets better with each listen. Can do without the name dropping tracks after multiple listens, but even those are still hard. Great album.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
This album is great. I don’t want to be a prisoner of the moment but Miles might be up there with Below the Heavens. I loved Give Me Flowers… but this is definitely better than that album. Blu is really sharp on this and Exile incorporating live instrumentation on the production takes this to the next level.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Damn good album. Honestly my only complaint is that there's a run of tracks towards the end that feel like a medley of similar tracks, and they're of middling quality to me. Nearly each one has Blu listing off names of celebs/rappers/athletes/etc to tell a story or make a point and it just feels like they should have kept one and cut the rest. Thankfully the final track, The End, is dope.

I still remember downloading Below The Heavens back in 2007, not long before I headed to college. That was a special time man. There was so much bullshyt out that I was fukking with, so when I found something new I enjoyed I was really passionate about it. I was still bumping Little Brother, The Roots had put out Game Theory a year before, and Y Society (Damu The Fudgemonk+Insight) put out an album that year too. Honestly those two albums, BTH and Travel At Your Own Pace, became personal classics for me.

Her Favorite Colour, J&J...even some of NoYork and Jesus and the Alchemist joints...I fukked with a lot of stuff before moving on after the fukkery started. But man, this feels GOOD. He sounds great. And I'm glad the album is finding success.

Daps
Album of the year so far for me.
Got it yesterday and haven't stopped listening to it yet. I'm on my 6th listen. It's all I'm playing right now
Blu sounds hungry and exile kills it on the beats .
This is a beautiful album it just flows well together imo. I just let it play. It's long but doesn't feel long. Love this.
I hate the 7 song albums with 2 1/2 minute songs .
Ioved below the heavens and think this might be close to that one if not better .