Bloomberg: Why Black Americans Stay Poor Despite College, Employment & Marriage (ARTICLE)

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Exactly, generational wealth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My motto is build wealth for your grandkids. With that mindset, you will never lose

Sadly alot of people rather get 10 phD's instead of creating residual income to pass down to your kids

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Even with a political party that demand jsutice, black folk still gotta make moves. And most white people have to still go to school and do a good job. The difference is, as you said, they fail upwards.

So, folk still need to be edcuated. IMO going to school not only opens your eyes, but it opens doors. A lot of these white dues failing upwards are doing so from relationships they made in University. Right now a lot of black people aren't even paticipating. I feel if we did, we'd be making moves. You don't think we'd have more doctors, economists, lawyers, business people if education was free for black people?

Lets be real, things won't ever be equal. So I wouldn't wait for some political party to change things. Trump just got voted into office, blacks don't have enough numbers to vote in their people like white folk do with Trump.

Ged educated, you at least get a chance. Not going to school you might as well go hop in a casket.

educated people still make more than non-educated people. Majority of the poor are not educated. It's not rocket science.
Education is relative

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
All this really shows if blacks aren't focused on generating our own economic bodies seperate from whites nothing will change.
If you wanted economic proof that the lies of the DuBois, King, Rustin, and Baldwin integretionism has failed, here you go.

Time for black americans to embrace what took us out of slavery, the methods of building and owning for ourselves, the plan of Washington, Garvey, and Malcolm X/NoI

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree we need reparations, but the reality of it is that we not getting that shyt, and the time to give the reparations has passed from a fiscal point of view for this country. I think the ideas of free college college education, trade training, tax breaks, subsidies, grants for starting businesses, etc. are for more realistic.

Reparations does not have to be "money". That's how we can get shyt owed to us in a more realistic manner IMO.

It does have to be money. Money and assets. That's the only thing that truly narrows the racial wealth gap. That's the whole point of the article.

A college degree means nothing if racist corporations wont hire you and pay you a fair wage.. and with free education you better believe they would discriminate and hire even less blacks because of it out of spite.

Not sure what's not realistic about money when this country has paid out billions in reparations to other groups already. That's how reparations are paid. And it wouldn't be solely on the shoulders of the USA. Many European countries would be on the hook too for their part.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I'm telling you, it is a complicated problem but if Black people just raised their savings rate to 5-10% of income we could do a lot. Since sharecropping our place has been to be enslaved by debt and provide reliable consumer spending to the dominant economy and every new immigrant group that arrived. No respect or appreciation. So we should start saving and investing in our own and that easy money disappearing will do more than 100 BLM rallies.

Safe

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Try to win a race with a 400 year disadvantage brehs.

Funny thing is we're hated for that very reason, they have thrown everything including the kitchen sink at us and there are still so many of us succeeding.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I'm telling you, it is a complicated problem but if Black people just raised their savings rate to 5-10% of income we could do a lot. Since sharecropping our place has been to be enslaved by debt and provide reliable consumer spending to the dominant economy and every new immigrant group that arrived. No respect or appreciation. So we should start saving and investing in our own and that easy money disappearing will do more than 100 BLM rallies.
Until you realize Black people's job status and financial status, this goes into a land of nothingness.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Exactly, generational wealth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My motto is build wealth for your grandkids. With that mindset, you will never lose

Sadly alot of people rather get 10 phD's instead of creating residual income to pass down to your kids
This is if they are likeminded. Ask Maya Angelou about this and she had way more wealth than most Black folks.

The average assets for a Black American is 4k. What the fukk can you do with that?

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
:patrice:Question, is this taking into account all white poeple? Just because Bill Gates has a fukking ton of money and brings up the average doesn't mean the average white person is doing better than me necessarily.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
the article has to address certain cultural issues, which this generation does not put a lot of energy on ownership. crackers can come with a bag o money and we will sell our business and our mommas. our kids. wife, body parts, the whole nine

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
White privilege as economic reality: It would take African-Americans 228 years to reach the same level of wealth as whites

The US literally has a better chance of collapsing before we even reach we even reach prolly half of whites wealth:wow:

Aw well keep the hustle up, it's all we can do:yeshrug:

Does it take 228 years for self made millionaires to reach a million dollars? Common sense will tell you that is plainly non sense.

There is no "we".

Either you as as an individual have the desire and determination to win or you don't. Regardless of the obstacles. No one is stopping you.