Bloomberg: Why Black Americans Stay Poor Despite College, Employment & Marriage (ARTICLE)

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
You can get a loan to buy a house (for the most part) and education but can't get a loan to open up a Snowball stand.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sure if the gap can be made up without massive reparations policy. And I highly doubt that would ever happen :francis:

Peace

It's not impossible if black folks started worrying about themselves instead of being used by every other group. You would think a community would prioritize it's own survival ahead of the so called liberal/ progressive agenda(Gay rights/ immigrant rights etc..). A major presidential candidate (Jill Stein) ran on a pro reparations platform last year. Black folks hated on her heavy even on this site...

Even republicans when trying to make a point of democrats using blacks for votes have echoed that ONLY blacks are due reparations instead of dems supporting govt programs for all "minorities" and groups (Ann Coulter and even Trump when diggin at hiliary have said such statements).. Black folks let Obama get away with calling reparations politically infeasible while trump is at least pushing to build a politically "infeasible" mexico border wall.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
A white Person that dropped outta school is not doing better than a college edcauted black Person. You guys believe any thing that is thrown out.

Yes they are...these are facts...education does not close the wealth gap for Black people...

White people on every level on average are wealthier than Black people...

White High School Dropouts Have More Wealth Than Black And Hispanic College Graduates
As you can see, white families are much wealthier than black and hispanic families at every education level. More than that, all white families, even those at the lowest education level, have a higher median wealth than all black and hispanic families, even those at the highest education level. The median white family with an education level below high school has a net worth of $51.3k, while the median black and hispanic family with a college degree has a net worth of $25.9k and $41k respectively.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
shyt is a rat race and they've been handing down houses, assets, cars, legacies, funds, money, land compared to us they've been had a head start...

I was reading the article like...:francis: No shyt sherlock...

That's why I'm building my business now, so that at least when I pass on someday I'll leave my kin something that makes a profit... Build a legacy but alot of black families in the hood want their kids to work for a living and not build shyt. They don't encourage them to be business leaders or entrepreneurs they want them to go to college and get a good job. that's not a bad thing but you got loans to pay back, and who's to say you'll graduate college with a degree or who's to say they will hire you after you get out. it's a big time scam which keeps us held back. I've gotten a ton of resistance from my own family when I said I wanted to start my own business... :sadcam: fukking bunch of pricks they are...

But im still gonna do it...:francis: they need to look at the bigger picture... It's better being the owner, not the employee!!! it's better making 100K a year instead of 40K a year

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah like a political party or a politics that demands economic justice and social restitution.

I don't understand this whole individualized things...

Like I've gave nikkas some knowledge on starting a business and shyt...but most likely you gonna fail...

I work in a college and give nikkas some knowledge about getting financial aid and shyt and not taking out loans...but most likely...you gonna never gonna make 6 figures even with a degree...

You can get marreid and most likely you gonna get a divorce...

Like this is just statistics

The point is...there is nobody to catch Black people when Black people fail...when we fail, we are just fukked...and then it's blamed on us...like we really got nikkas thinking we have a trillions floating around in our population but we just choose to buy shoes and VC.

Black people don't understand how White people are so successful...like we really don't...we don't understand that White people are just like us in a lot of ways...but they just fail upwards...

The government has all the money...there's a limit to what citizens can do to change their lives...

We have done everything. We gotta make our peace with it and be proud of ourselves and just agitate the government that enslaved to do the right thing and give us our just due.

Even with a political party that demand jsutice, black folk still gotta make moves. And most white people have to still go to school and do a good job. The difference is, as you said, they fail upwards.

So, folk still need to be edcuated. IMO going to school not only opens your eyes, but it opens doors. A lot of these white dues failing upwards are doing so from relationships they made in University. Right now a lot of black people aren't even paticipating. I feel if we did, we'd be making moves. You don't think we'd have more doctors, economists, lawyers, business people if education was free for black people?

Lets be real, things won't ever be equal. So I wouldn't wait for some political party to change things. Trump just got voted into office, blacks don't have enough numbers to vote in their people like white folk do with Trump.

Ged educated, you at least get a chance. Not going to school you might as well go hop in a casket.

educated people still make more than non-educated people. Majority of the poor are not educated. It's not rocket science.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Article is kinda disingenuous. We have to START somewhere which is why college educated, employed, married, etc. blacks are important. You have to get to the point where you can start handing down wealth generationally. We gotta generate that first before we can hand it down. We can't go from zero to 60 in just one or 2 generations. Cacs already have a massive headstart.

Yep and stop..........giving your money away to these folks.

Colonel Sanders

Chief cookin
Daps
How you gonna get a strong Black middle class when you are in a permanent recession...and Black families have the net worth of 22 year old White people that had a summer job every year in since 14...

So yeah...no matter what we do...we don't advance..it's been proven...shyt we had a Black president and White people got richer...

We got the more politicians than any other ethnic minority...
We been here longer than any ethnic minority...
We got more political sway than any ethnic minority...
Our cultural products are more visible than any ethnic minority...
We are the most ambitious and aspiring people in the USA...
We have the most educated women in the country...

And...we still a poor population...

White people got almost a 1 in 4 to become a millionaire...we got a 6 percent chance...

All this Black economic empowerment shyt is a damn fantasy...ain't nothing you can do...without a massive redistribution of wealth...to create a large middle class population...

White people did not have a large middle class until government intervention and we got Black people thinking we can do it without government policy and help...:mjlol:

Maybe you're right:francis: honestly i don't see the meaning of arguing over and over on the same subject if there's no solutions:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even with a political party that demand jsutice, black folk still gotta make moves. And most white people have to still go to school and do a good job. The difference is, as you said, they fail upwards.

So, folk still need to be edcuated. IMO going to school not only opens your eyes, but it opens doors. A lot of these white dues failing upwards are doing so from relationships they made in University. Right now a lot of black people aren't even paticipating. I feel if we did, we'd be making moves. You don't think we'd have more doctors, economists, lawyers, business people if education was free for black people?

Lets be real, things won't ever be equal. So I wouldn't wait for some political party to change things. Trump just got voted into office, blacks don't have enough numbers to vote in their people like white folk do with Trump.

Ged educated, you at least get a chance. Not going to school you might as well go hop in a casket.

educated people still make more than non-educated people. Majority of the poor are not educated. It's not rocket science.

Cuba offers free education for any african american who wants to be a doctor

how many are taking advantage of that

you have to think outside the box to win

money is in rebuilding the ghetto, blacks don't invest where black people live

blacks want to be in white society instead of having their own that's the biggest problem

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not impossible if black folks started worrying about themselves instead of being used by every other group. You would think a community would prioritize it's own survival ahead of the so called liberal/ progressive agenda(Gay rights/ immigrant rights etc..). A major presidential candidate (Jill Stein) ran on a pro reparations platform last year. Black folks hated on her heavy even on this site...

Even republicans when trying to make a point of democrats using blacks for votes have echoed that ONLY blacks are due reparations instead of dems supporting govt programs for all "minorities" and groups (Ann Coulter and even Trump when diggin at hiliary have said such statements).. Black folks let Obama get away with calling reparations politically infeasible while trump is at least pushing to build a politically "infeasible" mexico border wall.

A lot of black people want to be white, it is what it is

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning

All well and good, but I doubt this country will ever have a true political push behind Reparations....from either party.

Peace

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is why when i hear black people acting like we don't need reparations i'm lookin at them like they stupid. We're not gonna just "work hard" and catch up. That headstart is real and damn near insurmountable. Of course, individuals can do it here and there.

I agree we need reparations, but the reality of it is that we not getting that shyt, and the time to give the reparations has passed from a fiscal point of view for this country. I think the ideas of free college college education, trade training, tax breaks, subsidies, grants for starting businesses, etc. are for more realistic.

Reparations does not have to be "money". That's how we can get shyt owed to us in a more realistic manner IMO.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I agree we need reparations, but the reality of it is that we not getting that shyt, and the time to give the reparations has passed from a fiscal point of view for this country. I think the ideas of free college college education, trade training, tax breaks, subsidies, grants for starting businesses, etc. are for more realistic.

Reparations does not have to be "money". That's how we can get shyt owed to us in a more realistic manner IMO.
It does have to be money but it can't just be money. Just like it can't just be grants and subsidies without money.

For you that might work but not for the majority