Bloomberg: Why Black Americans Stay Poor Despite College, Employment & Marriage (ARTICLE)

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Individuals that have one-in-a-million talent can do it, but what's that mean for the rest of the 999,999? They ain't shyt just because they aren't the best of the best?

The analogy I have to look at the situation regarding inheritance is like a 100m sprint. Ethnic minorities start at at the starting line, lower & middle class cacs start at 10 metres, and the upper class ones start at 95 metres. We have to be so much superior to the lower & middle class cacs to overtake them (consequently only the most talented individual minorities do it), and none of us stand a chance at beating the upper class ruling elite.

This is the real issue, its like that Chris Rock skit of living in a neighborhood with a white dentist. The avenues of making money by whites are more varied and there have been barriers even placed by blue collar workers unions against non-whites. I see people suggesting that IT or business ownership is the way to go and all that is fine but if you look at just about every sector you will find lots of white people making money. Some people are middle class in trades that pay well because unions only hired friends and relatives etc.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
How about y'all get rid of the gatekeepers and glass ceilings you fukking snakes.
There are stipulations and restrictions put on our money that you pale bellied b*stards don't have on yours. The fact is you cretins don't want us to prosper because if we ever leveled the playing field you know that you can't compete.
:mjgrin:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't close the gap, its mathematically impossible.

The only way to fix the issue that makes any sense is to reset wealth distribution and wipe out every advantage built up in the past. Have everyone in the next generation start at 0

Which is why reparations for black economic empowerment is and has always been the only solution. The black community is way past the point of no return.. at this point collectively blacks are finished and will continue a slow decline into a permanent underclass. There is no light at the end of the tunnel or anything that is stopping the collective decline.. Blacks wealth is gone and the little political power left is being lost to hispanics and immigrants. It's either fight for reparations or die as an underclass at this point. It took govt policy to put blacks in this situation and it will take policy to reverse it.

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
True, but i think the point they're trying to make is that none of the above is not enough. It will take decades of socioeconomic mobility for black people to close the gap.

More like 300 years And thats if we try REALLY REALLY try hard.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Breh ALOT of these charts include Multi Billionaires in the equation for white wealth.....so they always manage to look like they are just getting all the money out here. But the truth, but the truth is ALOT of white people are struggling and are alot worse off then most minorities in this country. They don't like to show this reality because the narrative that whites are superior would of course take a hit. But if you pay close attention to the real stats as far as unemployment, welfare, drug epidemics etc, etc. Its clear as day. The white race has fallen off hard over the last 20 years or so. This may explain why Agent Orange is tasked is with the "Make White America great again" agenda

If a White person that dropped out of high school ain't worse off than so called successful Black people...with degrees and shyt...then...the average White person is eating compared to the an above average Black person...

When White people have the economic status of an above average Black person...they weep and say life is hard...

When Black people have the economic status of an average White person...we are eating and made it...

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
This is the real issue, its like that Chris Rock skit of living in a neighborhood with a white dentist. The avenues of making money by whites are more varied and there have been barriers even placed by blue collar workers unions against non-whites. I see people suggesting that IT or business ownership is the way to go and all that is fine but if you look at just about every sector you will find lots of white people making money. Some people are middle class in trades that pay well because unions only hired friends and relatives etc.

We got a lot of Black people that think they are White

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
White Supremacy for 100, Alex :ehh:

I don't think generational proceeds from hundreds of years of white supremacy can be truly quantified in terms of the drag it has taken on the black masses. Simply repeating diatribes about saving money, two parent households and getting an education does not overcome that. They're needed and they sound good, but morality and good standing does not beat a system by itself.

This society has always done a great job of stripping resources and wealth from black people. Everything from slavery to closing down the Freedman's Bank and stealing the millions deposited therein to destroying black economic centers across the country to Eminent Domain Policies that confiscate private neighborhoods for public use.

I'm not sure if the gap can be made up without massive reparations policy. And I highly doubt that would ever happen :francis:

Peace

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
If a White person that dropped out of high school ain't worse off than so called successful Black people...with degrees and shyt...then...the average White person is eating compared to the an above average Black person...

When White people have the economic status of an above average Black person...they weep and say life is hard...

When Black people have the economic status of an average White person...we are eating and made it...

Think about that though breh........an average white high school drop out is eating better then a successful educated black scholar? :mjlol:.........that's absurd and not a real reality........unless the white person has some super anti struggle power I doubt that is the case in any scenario across the board........

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Yep. Owning companies a whole lot different than working for them. As you said, white folk have a massive head start that they seem completely oblivious to. I we are passed reparations. Don't think $ will work. What should happen though is blacks should all get free education. Get subsidies and tax forgiveness in certain areas. Bigger grants for blacks who start businesses. Should also be given csh back on land/property purchases. That to me is how things should work. A pipe dream but US has yet to pay for the sesspool they created

Yea, I think the difference between wealth and salary is something that seems to be lost on some.

Peace

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How you gonna get a strong Black middle class when you are in a permanent recession...and Black families have the net worth of 22 year old White people that had a summer job every year in since 14...

So yeah...no matter what we do...we don't advance..it's been proven...shyt we had a Black president and White people got richer...

We got the more politicians than any other ethnic minority...
We been here longer than any ethnic minority...
We got more political sway than any ethnic minority...
Our cultural products are more visible than any ethnic minority...
We are the most ambitious and aspiring people in the USA...
We have the most educated women in the country...

And...we still a poor population...

White people got almost a 1 in 4 to become a millionaire...we got a 6 percent chance...

All this Black economic empowerment shyt is a damn fantasy...ain't nothing you can do...without a massive redistribution of wealth...to create a large middle class population...

White people did not have a large middle class until government intervention and we got Black people thinking we can do it without government policy and help...:mjlol:

Gotta start somewhere though.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

A white Person that dropped outta school is not doing better than a college edcauted black Person. You guys believe any thing that is thrown out.

Daps
Yep. Owning companies a whole lot different than working for them. As you said, white folk have a massive head start that they seem completely oblivious to. I we are passed reparations. Don't think $ will work. What should happen though is blacks should all get free education. Get subsidies and tax forgiveness in certain areas. Bigger grants for blacks who start businesses. Should also be given csh back on land/property purchases. That to me is how things should work. A pipe dream but US has yet to pay for the sesspool they created
I am convinced that white folk are not oblivious to anything regarding race.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Gotta start somewhere though.

Yeah like a political party or a politics that demands economic justice and social restitution.

I don't understand this whole individualized things...

Like I've gave nikkas some knowledge on starting a business and shyt...but most likely you gonna fail...

I work in a college and give nikkas some knowledge about getting financial aid and shyt and not taking out loans...but most likely...you gonna never gonna make 6 figures even with a degree...

You can get marreid and most likely you gonna get a divorce...

Like this is just statistics

The point is...there is nobody to catch Black people when Black people fail...when we fail, we are just fukked...and then it's blamed on us...like we really got nikkas thinking we have a trillions floating around in our population but we just choose to buy shoes and VC.

Black people don't understand how White people are so successful...like we really don't...we don't understand that White people are just like us in a lot of ways...but they just fail upwards...

The government has all the money...there's a limit to what citizens can do to change their lives...

We have done everything. We gotta make our peace with it and be proud of ourselves and just agitate the government that enslaved us to do the right thing and give us our just due.