Bloomberg is reporting that Sony will reveal its new Spartacus subscription service next week

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I could be wrong but the yearly package looks cheaper than Game Pass.

PS3 games being streaming only is underwhelming but I won't be using that anyways.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still streaming Ps3 games and no Vita:francis:

also what ps1 games are we talking about I would pay separately just for a ps1 pack for the jrpgs

other than that I own or played everything I wanted on ps4 so this shyt is hell a mid imo

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could be wrong but the yearly package looks cheaper than Game Pass.

PS3 games being streaming only is underwhelming but I won't be using that anyways.

Yes, yearly is cheaper than gamepass, monthly is more ex.

I can't see this moving the needle much for Playstation. Thought they would tie the service more closely to their GAAS initiative, but it is literally a way of renaming and trying to reinvigorate PS Now.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
:ehh: Decent offering. I have Now and Plus so I’ll stick with the Extra tier for $100 a year. I don’t even have enough time to play all the new games that drop, so I don’t have any interest in the tier that gives access to the PS3 and older games.

Edit: I guess I’ll finally give Death Stranding a spin….. in 2023 once I’m finally done with Horizon and Elden.

Last edited:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Meh I'll stick with gamepass for all the games I don't have time to play. Played all those ps2 and ps3 games when they were out. No need to go back to them.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Yes, yearly is cheaper than gamepass, monthly is more ex.

I can't see this moving the needle much for Playstation. Thought they would tie the service more closely to their GAAS initiative, but it is literally a way of renaming and trying to reinvigorate PS Now.

It all depends on how aggressive they are with maintaining the library of games and promoting the service. The initial lineup looks really impressive with games like Returnal, God of War and Death Stranding. Those 3 games alone are better than almost everything on Game Pass. God of War, especially.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
It’s pretty much for those that like ps now, and to motivate others to at least upgrade to extra. If the ps4/5 catalog is good, wouldn’t mind moving up to Extra tier
So it's exactly as expected but with PS1/PS2/PSP games added to the PS Now catalog but downloadable.

PS3 being streaming only is a bit disappointing but w/e. I'll test out a free trial when it launches but imo this is overkill for me because I don't have time to play all these games anyway.