Bloomberg is reporting that Sony will reveal its new Spartacus subscription service next week

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Why does the stupid media keep calling it a GP competitor when it isn’t one? What makes Gamepass Gamepass is the day one first party games. This sony one won’t have first party games day one so it’s not a fukking GP competitor. Morons
competing consoles have competing subscription services. it's not that complicated

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
PS+ (PlayStation Plus)
  • Over 1000 PlayStation games available to stream or download. Games span all PlayStation console generations and PSP. Play on PS4, PS5, mobile, and PC
  • $9.99/month
PS+ Pro (PlayStation Plus Pro)
  • Over 1000 PlayStation games available to stream or download. Games span all PlayStation console generations and PSP. Play on PS4, PS5, mobile, and PC
  • Day One Access to new PS5 releases (stream or download) on PS5
  • CrunchyRoll/Funimation Premium
  • Stream 100s of Sony movies and TV shows
  • $19.99/month

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why does the stupid media keep calling it a GP competitor when it isn’t one? What makes Gamepass Gamepass is the day one first party games. This sony one won’t have first party games day one so it’s not a fukking GP competitor. Morons
Gamepass was a huge hit before this was even introduced half a year later. But once it was, that was a wrap.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Not a fan of subscriptions but I could see these eventually replacing consoles and PCs (except for the extreme purist) 20 yrs from now when everyone is caught up on fiber and low latency

Folks gaming on actual hardware will be looked at like weirdos who still buy physical music/movies today, I can already see it

Shoot, I exclusively use VR on my PC via airline and Quest 2. If they had a service that could provide the same quality of stream without a gaming PC then I'd probably just pay the $5 a month instead of buying an expensive PC that will eventually be obsolete in a couple years

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Not a fan of subscriptions but I could see these eventually replacing consoles and PCs (except for the extreme purist) 20 yrs from now when everyone is caught up on fiber and low latency

Folks gaming on actual hardware will be looked at like weirdos who still buy physical music/movies today, I can already see it

Shoot, I exclusively use VR on my PC via airline and Quest 2. If they had a service that could provide the same quality of stream without a gaming PC then I'd probably just pay the $5 a month instead of buying an expensive PC that will eventually be obsolete in a couple years

It's probably going to be longer than 20 years. Some of these rural areas in the US are going to be waiting a while.