Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4)

Daps
I was originally talking about Dust: An Elysian Tail.

This game though.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51994260/.../developer-reveals-secrets-dust-elysian-tail/
"I don't have exact numbers, but most of my budget was for basic living expenses as I worked on the game full time," Dodrill told TechNewsDaily. Although Dodrill won $40,000 from Microsoft after showing off an early build of the game, it's not clear how much the first build of the game cost, or where the money came from.

The Dust dude was able to make the game on a lower budget because all of the work was done by him so the labor was "free." He was not paying a team of professionals to make the game. His budget was whatever money he spent to live while he was making the game.

I don't know how much the budget for this new game will end up being, but it will be way more than an indie doing all of the work by himself.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
We can agree to disagree. I don't believe there is a single video game that has ever cost millions of dollars to make.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I made my first comments before watching the video. He plainly states that he has other financial backers waiting until the "fans" pony up before they toss themselves into the fray with him. He didn't lie and that's cool but what the f u c k? Seriously, he could have them go in at the start and just produce the game "normally". This crowd funding nonsense is wack to continues to be a successful model. This joint is fully backed in one day. He better get rid of those "backer unlocks" and focus on the stretch goals.

It's hilarious how calculated these campaigns are. These people go in getting cream hand over fist cashing in on folks (in this case, nostalgia) and then who knows what else. Then the game doesn't come out until 2017. Congratulations nonetheless.

Can a mod merge the threads?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don't believe there is a single video game that has ever cost millions of dollars to make.

stevieray.gif

@MeachTheMonster
@winb83
@dBoyFresh*212
@Kamikaze Revy
@Khalil_4real
@ORDER_66
@Hiphoplives4eva

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We can agree to disagree. I don't believe there is a single video game that has ever cost millions of dollars to make.
Then you should probably stop talking about games considering how much you don't know. Or at least stfu an listen when someone tells you something :ufdup:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Ignorance is a choice. Here's a little help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

And this list is obviously old because it doesn't include Destiny which cost $500 million to develop.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/6/5686268/Destiny-costs-activision-500-million-to-develop-promote

Negged

LOL did you really neg me on some nerd shyt?

You guys really believe that a video game cost half of a billion dollars to make? LMAO!

Ok we can agree to disagree. 500k for a HD SNES quality game makes perfect sense.