Bloodborne brehs, Yahar'Gul Chapel is KICKIN MY AZZ!!! :damn:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
This game suddenly became much harder and all my weapons are useless. I need like 3 hits from a sheathed Ludwig blade to kill one afflicted villager. Should I quit? :lupe:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game suddenly became much harder and all my weapons are useless. I need like 3 hits from a sheathed Ludwig blade to kill one afflicted villager. Should I quit? :lupe:

When in doubt just run, that boss is pretty easy also

Just get to the last lantern and take it from there

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
When in doubt just run, that boss is pretty easy also

Just get to the last lantern and take it from there
These bell ringing nuns are a real pain in the ass :snoop:

Btw, I just got good at this game a week ago, so I want to try out other soulsborne games, which I've been holding off on. I'm HOOKED on this game like few I've ever played, and I wanted some other soulsborne recommendations. Are Sekiro and Demon's Souls similar to this or very different?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Btw, I just got good at this game a week ago, so I want to try out other soulsborne games, which I've been holding off on. I'm HOOKED on this game like few I've ever played, and I wanted some other soulsborne recommendations. Are Sekiro and Demon's Souls similar to this or very different?

They are and they aren’t. Demon’s Souls is closer to Bloodborne but its the oldest iteration of the formula so while it looks better it plays much slower. I personally like that, along with dark souls remastered.

Dark Souls has the best Map design in the series.

DS2 is the more divisive title, its not made by the series creator Hidetaka Miyazaki. I personally don’t really like it but it has a large cult following now. It’s a little too open and aimless, and it feels weird and floaty mechanically.

DS3 is probably the definitive Dark Souls experience. It almost feels like a Dark Souls 1 remake. A lot of the same enemies and a lot of the same levels used throughout thte series. but it has the best boss battles in the series and they pretty much perfect every other aspect of the game by this point.

Sekiro is the biggest departure. It doesn’t have as much RPG elements and its more Linear. Theres also not really build variety and customization. You have a 2 set weapons the entire game and ninja tools. You can’t really just level up and grow stronger, its really just straight up memorizing patterns and parrying. I find it to be the most challenging although I’m sure some will disagree.

Theres also Nioh which is a great Souls-like and the only one imo that I’ve found worthy of holding its own with the Fromsoft games. Combat is much faster, it has a lot more variety of skills, weapons, and play styles and they have actual stories with cutscenes. Unlike Dark souls the loot drops is more like diablo and you play in stages rather than one big interconnected map.

I’m not really sure what direction you would go in after BB but BB was my first souls game also and I played DS3 after since it was the last one made. I think a good bet is going Demon’s Souls after this just because it looks the nicest by far and still plays really well.

Then Elden Ring in a few weeks

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
They are and they aren’t. Demon’s Souls is closer to Bloodborne but its the oldest iteration of the formula so while it looks better it plays much slower. I personally like that, along with dark souls remastered.

Dark Souls has the best Map design in the series.

DS2 is the more divisive title, its not made by the series creator Hidetaka Miyazaki. I personally don’t really like it but it has a large cult following now. It’s a little too open and aimless, and it feels weird and floaty mechanically.

DS3 is probably the definitive Dark Souls experience. It almost feels like a Dark Souls 1 remake. A lot of the same enemies and a lot of the same levels used throughout thte series. but it has the best boss battles in the series and they pretty much perfect every other aspect of the game by this point.

Sekiro is the biggest departure. It doesn’t have as much RPG elements and its more Linear. Theres also not really build variety and customization. You have a 2 set weapons the entire game and ninja tools. You can’t really just level up and grow stronger, its really just straight up memorizing patterns and parrying. I find it to be the most challenging although I’m sure some will disagree.

Theres also Nioh which is a great Souls-like and the only one imo that I’ve found worthy of holding its own with the Fromsoft games. Combat is much faster, it has a lot more variety of skills, weapons, and play styles and they have actual stories with cutscenes. Unlike Dark souls the loot drops is more like diablo and you play in stages rather than one big interconnected map.

I’m not really sure what direction you would go in after BB but BB was my first souls game also and I played DS3 after since it was the last one made. I think a good bet is going Demon’s Souls after this just because it looks the nicest by far and still plays really well.

Then Elden Ring in a few weeks
Thanks for the detailed write up. Is Elden Ring a remake of an old game? What is it like?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Thanks for the detailed write up. Is Elden Ring a remake of an old game? What is it like?

Elden Ring is a new IP by the Soulsborne creator, Miyazaki. It’s pretty much taking the Dark Souls formula and dropping it into a large open world with a map and quests and a over arching narrative, more like a traditional rpg.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps

This was me last year. Game is easily top 5 of all-time. Sekiro is different but it's still fun. It's very tough tho.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
DEwqHra.jpg

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

Sekiro way different, demon souls I dunno. I'd go with sekiro and dark souls 3 next.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
This was me last year. Game is easily top 5 of all-time. Sekiro is different but it's still fun. It's very tough tho.
Bloodborne is LONG, though. Every time I read the official thread I see a new name or place I had no idea existed and I have to google it only to find out it's a huge ass area of the map I haven't even been in yet. And the game is extremely unforgiving no matter what level you are. But it's BEAUTIFUL. So much love and care has gone into creating every inch of this world. Easily the most rewarding game I've played this decade :wow:

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Bloodborne is LONG, though. Every time I read the official thread I see a new name or place I had no idea existed and I have to google it only to find out it's a huge ass area of the map I haven't even been in yet. And the game is extremely unforgiving no matter what level you are. But it's BEAUTIFUL. So much love and care has gone into creating every inch of this world. Easily the most rewarding game I've played this decade :wow:
I actually bought it 2 years ago but gave up on it while fighting a certain boss. This was my first Souls game so didn’t know how difficult it would be. Picked it back up early last year and was hooked. I even still play it today but only for the Chalice dungeons; beat the main game and DLC.