Bleach...why are we gonna watch this again brehs? (Official Bleach Thread)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Think back, I mean really think back and just how many times did Kubo ever really show the development of Ishida? Hardly ever. We got rare 3 panel glimpses of training once or twice but never any internal dialogue with the exception of his Dad helping him regain his Quincy powers and just what was the rare dialogue consisting of? His dad pointing out his objective as a Quincy and how helping Ichigo is a technicality. You keep saying friends but Ishida has never canonly associated with shinigami. You barely see him associate with his human friends outside of battling.
dude this is a battle manga the whole thing is about battles and fighting. you don't see anybody really associating with anybody else out of the context of the manga.

if you wanna sit around and pretend like Ichigo, Chad, Orihime aren't his friend and as if he hadn't had a sort of truce with the shinigami that's fine. this ia a guy that put his life on the line for these people multiple times. he even went to SS to help them save Rukia.

there was no foreshadowing of this plot twist. its flat out bad writing. compare this to what just happened in Naruto with Sasuke. that plot twist was slightly jarring but very understandable because of his character development and events relating to his brother. we even witness the moments he comes to his conclusion and why he did.

Ishida? either he's a double agent or we just witnessed a very messy asspull. when you have to justify a character based plot development by saying when well the character was underdeveloped so we don't really know said character when the character suddenly commits an irrational act that's bad writing.

perhaps Kubo will make it up on the back end when Ichigo and Ishida have an confrontation. but it still goes against everything we've seen of him as a character this entire series.

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ishida could be a double agent but Juhabach might be up to something as well.

and I definitely Believe that Ishida wouldn't mind killing some shinigami. Outside of Ichigo he really doesn't owe them shyt.

As for the SternRitters I'm glad they're getting more air time so we can establish their personalities more.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
dude this is a battle manga the whole thing is about battles and fighting. you don't see anybody really associating with anybody else out of the context of the manga.

if you wanna sit around and pretend like Ichigo, Chad, Orihime aren't his friend and as if he hadn't had a sort of truce with the shinigami that's fine. this ia a guy that put his life on the line for these people multiple times. he even went to SS to help them save Rukia.

This is a shonen manga breh. You see tons of interaction outside of battles. You see more of that then the actual battles. All shonens involve friendship development etc, that's what the genre is about. And I specifically said Ishida associates and considers Orihime and company friends, but that does not extend to soul society in canon. Never has. He stated going to SS the first time wasnt about Rukia to him but helping his friend. Stating that alone means he holds no affinity for them. You have not seen Ishida personally converse with a shinigami in a caring or even indifferent matter. He just doesn't do it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
huh? why are the friends important enough for the big boss to come see them?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Looks like the reasons for the break are confirmed: http://i.imgur.com/G4Dt4VH.jpg

Translation:

After this weeks issue, Bleach will be on hiatus from Jump 35-40. Starting from jump 41 (09/09), the last arc "1000 years Blood Ward Arc - The Separation Story" will start.

Before the last battle, i will be going on a long hiatus so that I can approach the final battle fully charged and give it my absolute all. When the manga resumes, please prepare yourselves for the "1000 years Blood Ward Arc - The Separation Story".

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i hope he's able to wrap this up inside of 2 years. i don't want it to stat dragging on. also please bring Aizen back and at least kill him off instead of having him in limbo.