Blanket Jackson suing Grandma Jackson over estate funds UPDATE: Michael's Black Son responds

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Mike wanna little cute white babies, knowing damn well they will grown in tear down everything you worked hard for. Black generational wealth and fortune now in white hands... How can a brilliant mind be so damn dumb
This is the same man that hated himself so much that he surgically/chemically removed all of his black features including his skin and nose. Adopting a white child and claiming it’s his biological son was the ultimate and final attempt at castrating his blackness.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
We can disagree without resorting to insults. I'm fully aware of what catalogues MJ owned. Re-read my post again and try to comprehend it this time.

The man I quoted mentioned both ATV and Michael Jackson's personal catalogue, MIJAC. I responded to his post because, unlike you, he seems to very knowledgeable on the topic.

Sadly the estate sold the other half of ATV in 2016 like they desperately needed the cash and Sony made off like bandits with it.

Now the estate is trying to sell off half of MIJAC.

Michael would never have even considered this.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Lots of the major current and legacy artists are selling 100% of their catalogues and all rights to their music now because the internet, streaming and AI have changed the music business so much that music rights and publishing are not the 'golden tickets' they once were. Keep in mind; unlike other artists, the estate has only sold 50% of the rights to MIJAC yet will retain full control of how, where and who can use MJ's music now and in the future. This deal makes sense when you consider that fact along with the high administrative costs (millions of dollars annually) of managing a catalogue as expansive and successful as MIJAC.

MJ himself may have made a similar deal if he were still here to witness the way the music business is changing.

Even though far lesser artists are selling their shĩt left and right, Michael’s half of ATV had him set for life. He didn’t need to touch his personal songs when ATV was a license to print money.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Even though far lesser artists are selling their shĩt left and right, Michael’s half of ATV had him set for life. He didn’t need to touch his personal songs when ATV was a license to print money.

nikka OWNED THE BEATLES CATALOG.

THAT POSTER CLEARLY
DIDNT KNOW ABOUT ATV
BEFORE MAKING THAT SILLY POST

:devil:
:evil:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Nope. There is another much older one floating around who has said nothing but alluded loads..

That’s Miki Howard's son

He been saying for year MJ is his pops :mjlol:

In reality it was some ol’ playa ass nikka miki was fukking with

:comeon:ITS LIKE PPL DONT REMEMBER
WHAT MICHAEL LOOKED LIKE
BEFORE THE SURGERIES.

THAT nikka DONT LOOK
shyt LIKE MJ.

s-l1600.jpg

:devil:
:evil:

Smartie

Rookie
Daps
It was profitable, but also cost him a pretty penny in admin costs which he ate because it was worth it- at that time.

When discussing the estate's deals, I'm speaking specifically on the current day and of the music industry in it's present state. One look at that Suno AI thread will show you how technology has the music industry shook. Things are changing at light-speed and artists are scrambling to adapt. For some that means selling their catalogues while they can still get top dollar for them.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Yea she's trying to fight a unwinnable case and Blanket is trying to stop her from wasting millions. They have a ironclad agreement. MJ is gone, and his wishes are one thing, legality is another.

Yup.

I was actually mad when I first saw the headline then I actually read what happened and realized the Blanket is right.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s crazy that between the family and the estate that Michael’s catalog — either ATV or his own music — would ever be at the table when it comes to making any kind of a deal.

They aren’t broke. The licensing, album sales and whatever money (a lot of it) was coming from ATV was more than enough to a point where the brothers get their monthly stipends and the kids don’t want for anything. At this point everyone in the family’s job should be about boosting Michael’s legacy — that’s it.

Unless they are selling stuff off so they can buy the Lakers, this is ridiculous. Did hard MJ fans know he would never let his half of ATV go and 100000% wouldn’t want his personal music catalog to be sold because you don’t put a dollar amount on the best to ever do it.

Where the fűck is Joe to come beat peoples ass when you need him?
Aren't any and all decisons of the estate made by two people, John Branca and John McClain? Branca, I'm pretty sure they get nice salaries and a cut of deals, with the rest going to his children and charity.