Blade Runner 2049 (Official Thread)

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
probably my favorite movie of last year. It got robbed at the Oscars

If you missed it in theaters it ain't gonna hit the same. You had to see that bytch in IMAX with that synthwave bass boomin and the crazy visuals in your face. shyt was a whole different experience. If you just sit and watch it on TV or an ipad or whatever it's just gonna seem boring

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
probably my favorite movie of last year. It got robbed at the Oscars

If you missed it in theaters it ain't gonna hit the same. You had to see that bytch in IMAX with that synthwave bass boomin and the crazy visuals in your face. shyt was a whole different experience. If you just sit and watch it on TV or an ipad or whatever it's just gonna seem boring
That’s called style over substance. Not saying this flick lacked a story or characters, but they weren’t that good or memorable overall.

The movie won an Oscar where it mattered: the cinematography.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Hope I didn't reply already, but I like this one. They got the look and feel right, but the story was :yeshrug:

And not to spoil the original but if you haven't seen it, it has a HUGE secret that a lot of people don't pick up on. The sequel basically shyts all over that.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Saw it again for the first time in a while and it still blows me away. They truly couldn't have given this to a better director than Villeneuve. :ohlawd:

The handling of the story is so goddamn great too, literally every plot development is foreshadowed or hinted at through visual cues (and clues) you barely even pay attention to because the entire world is so full of detail.

And folks will shyt on Gosling forever because they'll never understand the power of his understating performances, but geez louise, that man gets it like no other. It's always hilarious though to see people complain about his "limited speaking" roles (even though he still has the biggest speaking role here) like dude himself is taking scissors to the screenplay and cutting out his dialogue. :mjlol:

The only disappointing thing about this movie really is that I was reminded of how wonderful Ana de Armas was, and looking her up on IMDb saw nothing that reflected how big she should have gotten from this role. Her biggest movie in production appears to be the next Rian Johnson movie, the rest looks like cheap trash. Such a shame for such a breakout actress.

1liwCwe.gif

:wub:

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
story wasnt all that. The visuals kept me hooked. Wish i could see it in theatres again

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Saw it again for the first time in a while and it still blows me away. They truly couldn't have given this to a better director than Villeneuve. :ohlawd:

The handling of the story is so goddamn great too, literally every plot development is foreshadowed or hinted at through visual cues (and clues) you barely even pay attention to because the entire world is so full of detail.

And folks will shyt on Gosling forever because they'll never understand the power of his understating performances, but geez louise, that man gets it like no other. It's always hilarious though to see people complain about his "limited speaking" roles (even though he still has the biggest speaking role here) like dude himself is taking scissors to the screenplay and cutting out his dialogue. :mjlol:

The only disappointing thing about this movie really is that I was reminded of how wonderful Ana de Armas was, and looking her up on IMDb saw nothing that reflected how big she should have gotten from this role. Her biggest movie in production appears to be the next Rian Johnson movie, the rest looks like cheap trash. Such a shame for such a breakout actress.

1liwCwe.gif

:wub:

Yeah I'm surprised Ana de Armas hasn't broken out yet too, because it really looked like she would there.