Blade 20 year anniversary

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Crazy how this had better hand to hand scenes in 98 than Black Panther.

Wesley was so ahead of his time.

Would be a fantastic Netflix series.

thats why i still think theres a place in the MCU for him..if he can still do Blade shyt ..bring Blade to the MCU...netflix or whatever.

if only he just paid his gotdamn taxes... :francis:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
thats why i still think theres a place in the MCU for him..if he can still do Blade shyt ..bring Blade to the MCU...netflix or whatever.

if only he just paid his gotdamn taxes... :francis:

I'm halfway thru Luke and with all the Jamaican shyt going on with potions and shyt it would have been perfect to slip a vampire item in there.

Would have been perfect.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
When I saw Blade 3 I lost a part of my soul

That's why I call it Blade Tragedy. I haven't seen the actual movie in a long time but even though Snipes hated the movie, his parts are still solid in the movie for the most part. Basically what took me out the movie was all the forced comedy by Reynolds and Goyer. I really wish they would of waited for Del Toro or Norrington would of came back to the series.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
That's why I call it Blade Tragedy. I haven't seen the actual movie in a long time but even though Snipes hated the movie, his parts are still solid in the movie for the most part. Basically what took me out the movie was all the forced comedy by Reynolds and Goyer. I really wish they would of waited for Del Toro or Norrington would of came back to the series.

What I don't understand is what the studio was thinking about adding those two he was perfectly fine by himself or teamed up in the second one.

The series needed no comedic relief and it was just an awful awful film and he deserved better than that.

All that work to get that treatment.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I had stopped watching the first one as much because I loved the second so much. But bro,I watched it today and I really forgot how good that shyt was:wow:
Frost was a great villian,and the thing about Blade is they also had great sub villians. The funny guy who kept getting his hand cut off was good in the first,then you had the guy who played Hellboy in the second as the sub villian. Not to mention that great twist in the movie where Blade gets "betrayed". But in the first one,Karen may be the most useful non powered female in a comic movie ever:wow:. Created a new sereum,freed Blade and then let him feed,created the coagulant that eventually took down Frost. She really was a great strong black female character who wasn't forced,wasn't even forced to be a love interest as fine as she was:banderas:.

Loved the relationship between Whistler and Blade too,not sure why they felt like they had to add to it with Blade Trinity. Well yes we do,obviously they thought they could add more money at the box office if they added some white favorites. I can almost bet that Ryan Reynolds was running around the set adding his own goofy ass ideas to the script:martin:. He's the same guy who got his boy kicked off Deadpool 2,so he probably was trying to force Blade to the background for more screentime.

I don't think any Blade fan blames Wesley for the shyttiness of the 3rd movie. Obviously they didn't feel they were making as much money as they could off of the Franchise.

Hope RZA is right and Blade does appear in Dr Strange. Problem is it will probably be some new actor,it will be big shoes to fill. Other than Bruce Lee I've never seen a martial artist fight with the swagger of Wesley in Blade,not to mention the all around acting chops he is one of the best ever.