Black workers in Los Angeles face a 'jobs crisis,' UCLA report says; hispanics eating well

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Black people are going to be a permanent underclass before the end of the century. Anyone who's hip to Los Angeles knows this already. There's a lot of employment discrimination. If a Mexican is a manager, keep looking elsewhere. They're putting their people on first.

One of my homegirls applied for a position at a dental office and as she was leaving she saw the Mexican girl receptionist throwing away her resume/application. Once these (non-black) Hispanics get into these positions they only hire their own. Seen it happen that my old job.

sad but true. i've seen this happen at companies i worked at and also at my brother's job. he's a cook and someone with only a few years of experience was hired as a head chef and he spoke broken english but got the job because the hiring manager knew him. the head chef that was hired is mexican.

Daps
Group economics..

We need to get serious about this, and now..
As long as crash test dummies plague black communities it will never happen. Hispanics are able to practice group economics in America because they can reside around one another without cannibalizing each other to the extent we do so they’re content to stay and invest in their communities

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
f96af97b04b5429282a078875c5e7e64.png

Wtf I tell y'all....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
this will happen in every major city soon houston is next the hispanic population is growing real fast in texas and it cities texas will look like cali

Its happening Globally through the rise of other immigrant populations and various factors we label as "Gentrification". Los Angeles is different because the black population was dwindling Fast decades before. The black populations in lets say Detroit or Houston will be hit hard but those communities will fare much better than LA. LA is on the verge of not having any black culture

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
i'll just quote this

you nikkas are trying to turn this into a "look at these po nikkas" "fukk pookie and ray ray" moment. When that has nothing to do with this.
you nikkas(prolly are in this class maybe) want us to worhsip our elites, when that is not how hispanics got where they are. Nor will it help Blacks
Yall fakkits just want that to happen to help YOU out
Question,

I see you have quoted that Hispanics do not promote nor worship their intellectuals.

I believe the general consensus in this thread is that not only do they hire and promote their own but they place barriers to employment ensure that only their kind are hired.

In your honest opinion, how do you think they have composed the ability to place a language barrier to roles within the workforce?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
One of my homegirls applied for a position at a dental office and as she was leaving she saw the Mexican girl receptionist throwing away her resume/application. Once these (non-black) Hispanics get into these positions they only hire their own. Seen it happen that my old job.

She should have went back and confronted her.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Question,

I see you have quoted that Hispanics do not promote nor worship their intellectuals.

I believe the general consensus in this thread is that not only do they hire and promote their own but they place barriers to employment ensure that only their kind are hired.

In your honest opinion, how do you think they have composed the ability to place a language barrier to roles within the workforce?
Because of demographics/they outnumbering us, as well as being in the positions to want to hire their own, and other factors such as the fact that you got white employers more willing to hire them than a black candidate.

but praising intellectuals as your alluding to? no
I doubt your around Mexicans(which are the primary hispanics this whole thing is about as this topic is pertaining to LA) if you did you would realize how silly you sound trying to tie this in reverence towards intellectuals. In fact their reverence for Intellectual Mexicans is no better than Black folks admiration for our educated group.

I have been around them my whole life, so you can't tell me shyt about these people.

edit: Infact I have family members who work with mexicans. I wont specify what they do for confidentiality.

But they will tell you how Mexicans dont value education or intellectuals. They get by using certain gimmicks and schemes they use to help each other

Last edited:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I really don't think Hispanics (besides South Americans and Cubans) are doing that well in the US, I wouldn't confuse increasing their presence with moving up economically.

Mexicans and Central Americans largely do not move the way that say, Indians and Nigerians do in terms of social mobility in the US.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Because of demographics/they outnumbering us, as well as being in the positions to want to hire their own, and other factors such as the fact that you got white employers more willing to hire them than a black candidate.

but praising intellectuals as your alluding to? no
I doubt your around Mexicans(which are the primary hispanics this whole thing is about as this topic is pertaining to LA) if you did you would realize how silly you sound trying to tie this in reverence towards intellectuals. In fact their reverence for Intellectual Mexicans is no better than Black folks admiration for our educated group.

I have been around them my whole life, so you can't tell me shyt about these people.

edit: Infact I have family members who work with mexicans. I wont specify what they do for confidentiality.

But they will tell you how Mexicans dont value education or intellectuals. They get by using certain gimmicks and schemes they use to help each other
I thought I was the only one who saw how bullshyt his post was

Mexicans in LA are doing worse then blacks in education, and economically, they have the highest drop out rate. A lot take the gangster lifestyle way more real then blacks. Some live to go to prison, and be a shot caller, I never heard a black person think like that.

He just wanted to let out his frustrations with that post, because anyone with sense knows Mexicans got power just by sheer population numbers, but that doesn't mean they are winning without that. All you have to do is read studies!

Last edited:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
this will happen in every major city soon houston is next the hispanic population is growing real fast in texas and it cities texas will look like cali
Nah, going by history black people always find a way to come up. Our problem is we have been fighting for so long, we don't know what it's like to not fight so we just assume its over for us, but it never happens. I heard this shyt in the early 90's, but they said black men would become extinct from the drug violence. Didn't happen.

And just because people are taking over major cities doesn't mean shyt is over, it just means change is happening. Plus this isn't the 70's & 80's, major cities have more people living there, why would you want to be bunched up under all those people unless you have a lot of money to live in areas where its not a problem? The population is not the same in these cities like in the past, and shyt cost way more, it makes sense to leave if you don't want to be working like a slave for a regular life in the world richest country .

The beauty of being black american is a lot of us are all over the country, and can go to different places to live. A lot of immigrants stay in major cities because they have no choice, and they feel scared to go to unkown areas. This is why its usually their children who go to college/army who move to different areas then bring them along.

Last edited:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Black people living in Los Angeles County have been more likely than the rest of the population to remain unemployed or to drop out of the workforce altogether in the wake of the 2007-09 recession, according to a new report conducted by UCLA.

Black workers have lost blue-collar jobs at about the same rate as whites in the county, but seem to be less likely to find replacement work, according to the UCLA analysis.

Seventeen percent of black workers were unemployed on average from 2011 to 2014, compared with 9% of white workers, according to the report, published Tuesday in conjunction with the Los Angeles Black Worker Center.

A quarter of black workers who had a high school degree or less were unemployed, compared with 14% of white workers.

Education helped bridge that gap, but didn’t erase it. Nine percent of black workers with at least a bachelor’s degree were unemployed over that period, compared with 7% of white Angelenos.

“Los Angeles is in the throes of a Black jobs crisis,” the report says.

The lack of work is part of the reason many black residents have abandoned Los Angeles altogether, at a time when the county’s population boomed, the report says. The black population in the county plunged by 122,032 people from 1980 to 2014, according to the report. The county has gained around 2.5 million residents overall during that time.

In the meantime, black workers have flocked to the Inland Empire, which includes Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Those counties gained a combined 260,494 black residents from 1980 to 2014.

“Black workers are often the last hired and first fired,” says Lola Smallwood Cuevas, the founder of the Los Angeles Black Worker Center. “If we don’t address the crisis, we will have a city and a county where there are no black workers.”

Construction has offered a lot of new jobs to Angelenos over the last several decades, but those positions don’t seem to be going to black workers. There were 7,012 black workers in construction in 2014, 2,000 fewer than there were in 1980, according to census data analyzed by UCLA.

That 23% drop compares with an overall increase of 120,840 construction workers of all races during those 34 years, or 80%.

Those new jobs aren’t going to white workers, either. There were nearly 40,000 fewer white construction workers in Los Angeles in 2014 compared with 1980, a decline of about 40%.

Latinos, however, have significantly upped their representation. There were more than 185,000 Latino construction workers in Los Angeles in 2014, five times as many as there were in 1980

Manufacturing has been slashing jobs in the county over the last three decades. The number of black and white Angelenos in manufacturing declined by the same rate — about 77% — from 1980 to 2014. Latinos also lost some ground, but their ranks shrank by only 5% over the same period.

“The way that we heard in the Rust Belt we lost middle-class manufacturing jobs, you could say the same for black workers here in L.A.,” says Saba Waheed, a researcher at the UCLA Labor Center who co-authored the study.

Black workers in Los Angeles face a 'jobs crisis,' UCLA report says