Black workers in Los Angeles face a 'jobs crisis,' UCLA report says; hispanics eating well

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Let’s just say that these types of things have a habit of starting from the bottom and making its way to the top.

Corporate America doesn’t have many black people because there are many barriers/filters in place to keep them out.

Bad credit or bankruptcies will keep you out. No college degree from an accredited university, good luck! No network of professionals to use as a reference, see ya later!

As i mentioned before, if black people refuse to uplift and support their educated elite, they will continue to perish. Those who are educated in understanding what it takes to compete in the new world of today and tomorrow.
So those same issues not to mention the language barrier is keeping the illegals out too, if it was hitting corporate america it would be at pandemic levels but now it's endemic.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
So we gonna dead this intersectionality thing now? We kept trying to save all the other minorities but it looks like they don’t need saving

Do we have the ok to save ourselves now?
Man, I swear, this is Black people's biggest issue, or one of them, and that's goin' hard for other people's causes, even puttin' our issues on the backburner. No other race does that dumb ass shyt, and it is frustrating.

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
The lack of work is part of the reason many black residents have abandoned Los Angeles altogether, at a time when the county’s population boomed, the report says. The black population in the county plunged by 122,032 people from 1980 to 2014, according to the report. The county has gained around 2.5 million residents overall during that time.

This number is staggering... :ohhh:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
So we gonna dead this intersectionality thing now? We kept trying to save all the other minorities but it looks like they don’t need saving

Do we have the ok to save ourselves now?
Intersectionality benefits everyone except black people and we get the short end of the stick.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Worship the teachers and not the preachers.

The fact remains that black women and men choose to procreate with partners based on whose ass is the fattest or whose the most athletic or has the most drip.

Black intellectuals on both sides of the gender spectrum should have an abundance of like partners to procreate with to ensure survival in America.
I agree with you dog, but you can't decide on who/what somebody should be physically attracted to, and unfortunately, Intelligence is not a physical attraction. This country's been anti-intellectual since it's inception.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
The market changing, and favoring cheap labor and supposively better work quality. That's capitalism for you. you either adapt to change, move, or get vanquished. Being mad that folks hire their own.:russ:

No one is mad that folks hire their own. That is expected.

But how does having more of them here benefit us?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This was by design. Dr. Claude Anderson spoke on this.

Capitalism needs a permanent underclass to survive. Years of discrimination, economic warfare, and slavery/colonialism built this race/class caste system. American capitalism was based on the idea that anybody that's not black could succeed and use black people as capital (slavery/slave labor/free labor). That idea hasn't left the consciousness of the American public.

And I agree that the Dems are using Hispanics to replace Black people. Liberals and Conservatives have abandoned Black Americans. It's so obvious. They don't need us and I feel like the older I get we're being written out of the future of America rapidly. We're already disappearing at a rapid rate in most coastal cities that are highly liberal and white gentrifiers are doing us dirty.

These politicans, companies, etc...they don't want to give Black people a fair shake...that would imply that they want an even playing field. History suggests otherwise.
This. This is the root of America white supremacy

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Immigrants from Mexico and Central/Latin American countries doesn’t bode well for black Americans who are dark and brown skinned, either :francis:

The countries south of the border are a different beast when it comes to their racism. Here in America, and in most European countries, anything other than white is looked down upon. In Latin America, the lighter you are the better you fare.
Anti-blackness exists heavily in Latin America and Mexico.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Man, I swear, this is Black people's biggest issue, or one of them, and that's goin' hard for other people's causes, even puttin' our issues on the backburner. No other race does that dumb ass shyt, and it is frustrating.

Exactly......

It happens out here... always these black politicians or Black celebrities keep saying “ we need to fight for black and brown opportunities “.. but when did u ever hear Hispanics or Asians, etc say “” we need to fight for brown people and black people rights”””

Black people really need to focus on our own needs instead of pulling others in, who come in steal our shyt and dump us to the curve

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
I agree with you dog, but you can't decide on who/what somebody should be physically attracted to, and unfortunately, Intelligence is not a physical attraction. This country's been anti-intellectual since it's inception.
Agreed. Physical attraction should not be the only set of standards.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
i'll just quote this
Huh? Intellectuals aren't put on a pedestal in Hispanic communities.
Caregivers, business-owners, and community leaders are. They ride for, buy from, and support their own to rise all the ships.
That's what we need not folks talking down to people. We need black people to feel hope for a better future, and faith in supporting one another

you nikkas are trying to turn this into a "look at these po nikkas" "fukk pookie and ray ray" moment. When that has nothing to do with this.
you nikkas(prolly are in this class maybe) want us to worhsip our elites, when that is not how hispanics got where they are. Nor will it help Blacks
Yall fakkits just want that to happen to help YOU out