Black women: Not seeking long term relationships

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
In the area of love and relationships, more black men than black women reported difficulty in finding mates.*Forty-three percent of black men said they were looking for a significant other, but only 25 percent of women were seeking the same.

Two-thirds of single African-Americans between 18 and 45 said they were not looking for a longterm relationship at all. (Marriage was not a subject of the poll, only longterm relationships.)

“African-American women appear to have more security than men, and so women [might] see less men who bring financial security to the table,” said Harvard University*professor of public health*Robert Blendon, a co-director of the study.

http://thegrio.com/2013/06/04/new-s...re-overwhelmingly-satisfied-with-their-lives/

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
You 'get married' nikkas need to stop fukkin with hoodrats. Them bytches ain't worth shyt so I can see why yall nikkas went gay.

Got me a good black woman. :ahh: (no Kelis)

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Harvard's next study should be on why white people smell like wet dogs. Then they can survey people and ask them questions like, do you even own a dog?

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Before I met my SO, I wasn't looking for a relationship. I was super content, he just changed my mind but if I wasn't with him, I would have no problem being alone.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Before I met my SO, I wasn't looking for a relationship. I was super content, he just changed my mind but if I wasn't with him, I would have no problem being alone.

Basically you were strong black and independent woman? :jada:

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically you were strong black and independent woman? :jada:

No, I had other things that held my interest which made my desire for a relationship very low. I was enjoying my single life, doing what I wanted(I'm not talking about fukking random guys either, I was abstinent).

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Yall mad at this???? :why: Smash these hoes and keep it moving. When u ready to settle down they will too. Or do like me and just smash then wife up a foreign woman wit her mind right from Day 1 cuz she was raised in a healthy family home :jawalrus:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
To be fair...

You can change a woman's minds with your actions. Y should she be interested in being wifed if the headache isn't worth it.

Most nikkas aint shyt. They either are bums... or they are well off and are trif as fukk. Every guy I know, even the respectable ones, cheat and lie to women. It's the norm.

Who cares.. there are so many woman out there that we don't need to wife them.. who is against fukking random chicks and keeping 1 for companionship?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dr Blendon should know better, there are sooo many things that could be at play here. 18-45 is a huge age range, and I would be surprised if this attitude was not more prevalent in certain ages over others. Are there any other pertinent descriptors for the population besides just being black women and single? Maybe this is more common in women who were married previously, or had already started their families, or as Dr Blendon seems to be hinting at, certain income brackets?

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
this thread directly conflicts with my everyday life experiences.
poker-tom_dwan_durr-confused_20120419_1091188109.png

i find most black women to be very concerned with finding a LTR​

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Yeah, I'm not falling for that shyt. The only reason why most men SAY we want long term relationships is because we figure that is what needs to be said to get the box..

And I think the reason why some black women don't want Long term Relationships is because they would rather be married than just be in a "relationship" with a dude for years for him just to decide he wants to do something else and she is stuck having had wasted years in a relationship that went no where.